Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Only racials that really matter are Ogre frontal stun immunity and regen. Rogue can't be Ogre/Troll/Iksar so play what you like.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only racials that really matter are Ogre frontal stun immunity and regen. Rogue can't be Ogre/Troll/Iksar so play what you like.
and sneak for vendoring, but rogues are okay there
Old 07-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Thanks, all.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Banned

I made a barbarian rogue thinking they were the best. I have since changed my stance. Dwarfs have access to some resist items that barbarians don't have, they have better vision, they are more convenient size (changing form all the time is annoying), and their stats are barely worse. They also start off on arguably the best noob continent.
A couple of things to note:
1) race never really matters all that much for rogue
2) maxing str is easy....maxing sta is almost impossible. Rogues do take dmg in raids.
3) playing a rogue high end doesn't feel as rewarding as some classes in mine and many people's opinion. You get an epic and decent offhand and thats 90% of your class. You don't get a lot more powerful in velious like rangers or monks.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I think of the Rogue as a class for folks who want to show up and do a good, reliable job for relatively little effort and who want little else asked of them. It's one of the few classes that's welcomed in both groups and raids yet doesn't have to work too much to earn its place.
I can think of no class for which race matters less than it does for Rogues. It's well to remember that in most of these race discussions folks argue over a couple percent here or there. Online gamers have a habit of losing sight of the big picture in favor of worrying too much about minutiae.

Danth
Old 07-25-2015, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Well they are pretty cheap to equip also. And I saw the Epic MQ in the tunnel few days ago for 28k. Not bad, not bad at all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Yeah any race probably in Velious will be able to get to top Str. with a Shaman buff easy.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, my focus was on Classic and Kunark, not Velious. This is with the Re99 server in mind.
Closed Thread