Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-28-2023, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Due to how this game works with camp rules, you cannot hold multiple camps across multiple zones generally speaking. You aren't going to be porting a lot during a play session in most cases. You simply don't need a dedicated porter. Whenever your group is not porting, the Druid is simply going to be doing less than a Shaman.
You don't know the camp rules either, which isn't a big surprise. You can hold multiple camps across multiple zones as long as you maintain a presence, which ports let you do. Break camp, leave ench behind, port to other camp, break, leave, druid and cleric duo camp something else. Enchs are bound at a druid ring for easy regrouping via gate.

The thing about ports is that you never use them (because you are presumably a mediocre player playing with bad players, which is how you have developed your false sense of knowledgability), so you don't know what they enable. This cleric/druid/2*ench group can complete Ring 8 in between pulls of whatever they're camping. It can snipe high-value nameds in low-value areas (i.e. Djarn, Tranix) through the power of track and leaving 1 ench behind to hold the camp if you expect to be away for longer than the repop timer.

It's genuinely inconceivable to me that you think shamans are useful in this setup lol.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The trash mobs when you are XPing are worth root rotting. When you are not XPing (like camping Fungi King), you aren't trying to maximize DPS for more kills per hour. You are camping Fungi King, and bringing in some mobs between spawns to kill the time.
Oh, so pretty much irrelevant mobs? Glad we have that covered.

Don't see why I wouldn't prefer a Mage over that, despite having "lower DPS" on account of just focusing one mob, but sure.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, so pretty much irrelevant mobs? Glad we have that covered.

Don't see why I wouldn't prefer a Mage over that, despite having "lower DPS" on account of just focusing one mob, but sure.
The Mage is also only providing DPS for the "irrelevant mobs" in an attempt to get more kills per hour during an XP group. Sadly this attempt will fail with 2x Enchanters already on the team. You don't need to kill Fungi King 18 seconds faster on a 30 minute respawn timer with a Mage.
Old 06-28-2023, 01:02 PM
Orc

I wonder how this question changes if you break it down by leveling tranches, e.g.:

1 - 38: 4x mage
39 - 55: 3x ench, 1 cleric
55 - 59: 2x ench, 1 necro, 1 cleric
60: 2x ench, 1 necro, 1 sham

assuming you are optimizing for exp to 60 and loot at 60
Old 06-28-2023, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the higher level the mobs are, the more likely they are to break root, right? Some mobs have higher magic resistance, and rooted mobs can't be casters. This isn't looking good for Shaman trying to earn his keep in this group.

And how many of them do you plan to have in one camp? All this just to try and surpass a Mage?
Old 06-28-2023, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the higher level the mobs are, the more likely they are to break root, right? Some mobs have higher magic resistance, and rooted mobs can't be casters. This isn't looking good for Shaman trying to earn his keep in this group.

And how many of them do you plan to have in one camp? All this just to try and surpass a Mage?
Root rotting is a strat for absolutely trivial stuff. Like velks ent which is as easy as it’s gets. Mage would be infinitely better for focusing actually difficult mobs.

DSM is just resilient in never ending hypothetical theory defense which is the only reason this thread is still going.
Old 06-28-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root rotting is a strat for absolutely trivial stuff. Like velks ent which is as easy as it’s gets. Mage would be infinitely better for focusing actually difficult mobs.

DSM is just resilient in never ending hypothetical theory defense which is the only reason this thread is still going.
When you are XPing, you are generally killing the "trivial stuff". The whole argument of bringing a Mage is they assist in killing the "trivial stuff".

A Mage isn't better for focusing difficult mobs in a group with 2x Enchanters. Please name a camp where the extra DPS is going to get you more kills per hour. Fungi King has 18000 HP, and the Mage is saving 18 seconds on a 30 minute respawn. You keep claiming there are harder camps out there than need the extra DPS, but you haven't named one.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-28-2023 at 01:22 PM..
Old 06-28-2023, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

My eyes are glazing over at people considering fungi king to be the be all end all of cash/xp/whatever
Old 06-28-2023, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My eyes are glazing over at people considering fungi king to be the be all end all of cash/xp/whatever
I didn't say that Fungi King is the end all be all camp. I am simply using it as an example of a camp this group would probably want to do. I doubt you are claiming it is a bad camp though lol.

If you think another example is better, provide one! I have been waiting. Simply saying "your example is bad", and then refusing to provide a better one is a silly argument.
Old 06-28-2023, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
When you are XPing, you are generally killing the "trivial stuff". The whole argument of bringing a Mage is they assist in killing the "trivial stuff".

A Mage isn't better for focusing difficult mobs in a group with 2x Enchanters. Please name a camp where the extra DPS is going to get you more kills per hour. Fungi King has 18000 HP, and the Mage is saving 18 seconds on a 30 minute respawn. You keep claiming there are harder camps out there than need the extra DPS, but you haven't named one.
The fact that you consider fungi King the pinnacle and/or use it as your yard stick tells me you need to go out and actually experience difficult content.

Then we can chat.