Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Rellapse is habitually spewing dumb shit, don't mind him. Give him his helmet and continue about your day.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone in the world has a stance on this issue. What do you mean who cares?
not everyone only the morans
Old 05-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not everyone only the morans
See you have a stance on the subject too. Good for you.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned

my stance is

youre dumb
Old 05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

If this wasn't R&F I'd say "No one should be looking down upon another..."
...but I'll just leave this stuff here & hope others put it to good personal use =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bznccrJeyw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_dtRIf0rGY

Faith in religion is also is a personal thing. Either you have it or you don't.
Tolerance for other peoples choices in life (<=religion too) is similar to compassion for individuals. Whether they choose to indulge in promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners (<= in a consequence free environment Austin?) while snorting crank off the hood of a cop car ...or... the ones that are donating their time to work soup kitchens/food banks to help feed homeless, clothe the poor, love all of their neighbors and all the other good teachings from many of these good books.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Aviak

Wink

SPOILERS for any side of this argument.

Everyone dies.

I'll give it more thought if anyone ever holds onto their consciousness after their electrochemical response ceases.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this wasn't R&F I'd say "No one should be looking down upon another..."
...but I'll just leave this stuff here & hope others put it to good personal use =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bznccrJeyw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_dtRIf0rGY

Faith in religion is also is a personal thing. Either you have it or you don't.
Tolerance for other peoples choices in life (<=religion too) is similar to compassion for individuals. Whether they choose to indulge in promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners (<= in a consequence free environment Austin?) while snorting crank off the hood of a cop car ...or... the ones that are donating their time to work soup kitchens/food banks to help feed homeless, clothe the poor, love all of their neighbors and all the other good teachings from many of these good books.
I absolutely agree. We are all free moral agents, and as such we all have the right to believe anything we want. We also have the right to live however we want within the law. Bt I'm sure you will agree that just because we are able to make whatever choice we want, doesn't mean that we will always make the correct one, or that there will be no negative consequences to our choices. But yes, I agree with your sentiment.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate to break it to you, but the belief in Christ in the majority, and it does help me sleep at night. Thank you.

And no, I'm not presenting anything that has to be disproved, read my original post in this thread and you will see what I'm saying, I'm not saying "GOD EXISTS BELIEVE ME"m even though he does, I was merely pointing out an instance that is common among most atheists (I say most, because every single one I've run across base a lot of their thought process off science, but I'm assuming not all), and the absurdity behind it.

Thank you though for providing your 2cents and showing your arrogance/ignorance by ending with a comment that basically shows your knowledge being the superior knowledge. I'm actually pretty fascinated with people believes, whether it is not with what I believe or it is what I believe. I like to see how people think and their though process, and enjoy this convo quiet bit. The least you could do is post some constructive response rather acting you won some kind of argument that doesn't exist by tell me you hope I sleep better at night.
lol, defensive much, are we? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If your faith actually helps you fall asleep at night, I'm happy for you. Seriously. The world is really not that scary, but if some invisible being in the sky makes you feel better, that's great, keep it up. We all deserve to be happy and content with our short time on this planet.

Second, there are 2 billion christians on the planet and 7 billion people in total. There far more non-christians on the planet than there are christians. You are not in the majority, this is a fact. I'm not interested in debating facts with you.

I'm also not trying to "show that my knowledge is the superior knowledge." I'm trying to explain that my position is based on a lack of knowledge, which is exactly how the scientific method works. You know, the same scientific method that has resulted in all the advances and breakthroughs that make it possible for me to even type this message to you. If someone postulates that a thing exists or operates in a certain way, the burden of proof is on them to offer up evidence to support their position. It does not fall on the shoulders of everyone else to DISPROVE it, as you seem to think.

I'm not even completely discounting the possibility that you could be right! I just choose to believe in the simplest possible explanation behind our existence here, and that doesn't include a magical dude in the sky with some crazy master plan. It does include simple, verifiable, widely agreed upon physical and chemical processes that weren't pulled from a 2000-year-old book. That said, maybe it WAS god (or whoever) who designed those processes specifically so that we would end up where we are now. Nobody can really say with 100% certainty, and anyone who claims to know "the absolute truth" is full of shit. My position is that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If you can provide some, I'd be glad to be proven wrong. It would certainly make things a lot simpler.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because atheists are annoying as fuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeruIsLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exprain.
anyone who goes to the trouble of labeling themselves an atheist is a zealot. zealots are annoying as fuck.

h2h
Old 05-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Because most outspoken Atheists are just as ignorant, hateful and bigoted as the people they claim to despise.
Closed Thread