Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Default The Disconnection Dance

Ever since I started with this server I seem to have had problems, mostly crashing when zoning. However, it has become more and more of a problem of late, as many dungeons require multiple zonings, not to mention Entering East Commonlands upon death, and I have started to realise a pattern.

So when I disconnect, I can look forward to a good 30mins-2hrs of constant attempting to log on to the server. It usually comes on in serveral stages before I can log on.

At first, I just get "a connection to the server could not be established" and I have to quit and restart. Then if I'm lucky I will get to a blank screen upon login, if I logout and try to reconnect, it will stay at "trying to connect to server" indefinitely CTRL-ALT-DEL then restart again. Blank screen may continue for 20+ minutes, until eventually there will be a server list. Choose p1999, it will hang for 10 seconds or so, then come up with the message "an unknown error has occured". Attempts to login to any of the other servers will come up with the same issue.

Quit program, and now "connection to server could not be established". Rinse repeat the above paragraph a couple of times, whereupon finally I can log in to p1999, get to character select screen, I see default human male looking back at me with none of my characters available. Quit EQ repeat everything seen so far once more, get to character select screen, "your spell file is out of date (even though I have the latest spell file) please log on to p1999org etc. DO ALL OF THE ABOVE AGAIN finally get to see my character on the server select - Enter World, game hangs. CTRL ALT DELETE end task restart game probably have to go through several of the above failures again, then finally enter world. Gate to East Commonlands, game hangs indefinitely.

Start process all over again. Fuck.

TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R?

Connection issues are making the game unplayable for me. Does anyone else get this? Move to R&F if you must.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

I had a lot of problems of this nature, then I installed the dual-core cpu fix, and now I only have some problems of this nature.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Project Manager

Try loading the game through wineq2.0. It includes eqplaynice, which seems to help with zone disconnects.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/ind...&id=3&Itemid=4
Old 10-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the responses - do I need to use the paid version of WinEq? Otherwise I really like the server, which makes it all the more frustrating to be having such issues in the first place =/
Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

You don't need the paid version, however I couldn't get the registration code from Lavishsoft to work properly.

lol wut
Closed Thread