Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but but but a fucking spaceship!
Listen, I like spaceships as much as the next guy, but are you really going to trust gnomish engineering in a vaccum environment? How many broken or runaway clockworks have you encountered? How often are boats broken? I mean, we can't even handle reliable ocean transport, and you want to ferry people through space?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, no. I recall the timer was either 15 or 20 minutes and you had to get a shard of the nexus from either the people or from a groundspawn in order to use the teleporters. The NPCs hanging out at the spires were only there to tell you how to use it and to announce when a port was about to happen.
Oh. Didn't know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen, I like spaceships as much as the next guy, but are you really going to trust gnomish engineering in a vaccum environment? How many broken or runaway clockworks have you encountered? How often are boats broken? I mean, we can't even handle reliable ocean transport, and you want to ferry people through space?
Have the erudites engineer it and the gnomes build it
Old 10-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW a new rotation was worked out, thread was fun while it lasted though.
can't we just keep it going for old times sake. no reason we can't derail..
Old 10-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nexus wasn't nearly as bad as PoK books, and actually a pretty solid compromise imo. I think the pads worked on a 15 minute timer, so getting a port from a druid/wiz was still way more convenient.

Also, Bazaar was dope simply because there was an arena there. Had a ton of fun in Luclin/PoP doing post raid night "king of the arena" events with other guilds in the bazaar arena. I'm admittedly not much of a trader so I don't really see the appeal of EC tunnel, but bazaar arena would be a welcome addition imo.
you sir are 100% correct, idk why the hate for the bazaar, whats better than AFK'ing and selling your wares?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you sir are 100% correct, idk why the hate for the bazaar, whats better than AFK'ing and selling your wares?
I'd be ok with bazaar if broker was disabled. No searching!
Old 10-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't the nexus the port in/out zoning using the translocator people? I'm not knowledgeable of luclin but the point would be to remove those silly people in favor of a rocket ship

Duh
The nexus was a zone that was connected by the major wizard spire on each continent.

Dreadlands (Kunark), Toxxulia (Odus), North Karana (Antonica), Greater Faydark (Faydwer), Great Divide (Velious).

Players could hail an NPC Wizard and get a stone at each of these spires. If they stayed within the spires, every 15 minutes the wizard would AE Teleport the players holding said stone up to the Nexus.

When in the Nexus, again every 15 minutes the wizard NPCs in different corners of the zone would port you down to one of the specific spires listed above.

A player wishing to travel from say... Toxxulia to Greater Faydark would have an average of a 7.5 minute wait time to get ported to the Nexus and a further 15 minute wait time to get ported to GFay.

It just another boat system, that involves more sitting around and wizard NPCs. People just get all berged out like retards because it goes to wizard spires and OMG obsoleting porters. Idiots. No one wants to wait 20-30 minutes for a port, that's what the Nexus basically requires for you to travel between 5 select zones.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be ok with bazaar if broker was disabled. No searching!
that would be cool, just have to vendor dive every item and still emote your wares.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Banned

Seriously shit that mods haven't moved this over to rnf yet
Old 10-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously shit that mods haven't moved this over to rnf yet
sir this thread is for srs discussion. pls dont tard it up
Old 10-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we now all agree Luclin is in the best interest of everyone involved?
I want a moon!
Closed Thread