Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-24-2023, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I've had ppl in pom ninja loot my cards while I swap toons. Luckily they were the only other person in zone so it was obvious who took it.

In my situation, how's that fair to me that someone can just walk up to my mobs corpse while I'm swapping, see no one around, take my item, then gate out leaving me with nothing.
Well if you read the second post of this thread then you will see then I referenced the actual rules and would label what happened to you as ninja looting according to p99 ruleset. We agree there.

All I was suggesting is that your 'stick' or punishment to ban who does it seems a bit harsh. Just saying give them a ban willy nilly. I'm fairly certain that the CSRs typically use a suspension style punishment for this kind of thing rather than a full ban for this all though some extreme cases might require full ban.

The situation I suggested you put yourself in was with a relatively newb making a mistake on a raid say of ninja looting an item they shouldn't have for the first time while the person who was supposed to get item is camping out and changing to alt. That seems like a learning experience the guild to teach that person. Humans are going to human. And new people sometimes will learn the hard way. Less newbs these days on p99 so this doesn't happen that much anymore.

In your situation in PoM that seems almost pre-meditated because if there was only you and the other guy in the zone. Obviously malicious intent there. And you'd be absolutely correct then in reporting etc. So all I'm saying is each situation is a little different.

This whole thread is everyone whose played for while knowing the rules and casting different interpretations. End of the day CSR decides and most p99ers know the boundaries for the most part on this one.
Old 10-24-2023, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

If you didn’t kill it and didn’t get permission; don’t loot it.

Pretty simple rule to follow.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-24-2023, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Expecting ppl not to ninja loot my mob while I swap characters to loot a mob is a newb mistake
TIL
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-24-2023, 07:02 PM
Banned

Nah guy. Expecting people to get banned for it is the bridge too far. The words are there, it's not clear you read them.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Fuck em , imo
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-24-2023, 07:15 PM
Banned

Just saying CSR would slap a 7 day suspension for that on the other player for the thing that happened to you in PoM it it was his first offense. 2nd offense 14 days. 3rd offense 21 days.

In the Raid scenario I mentioned. More than likely the newb gets kicked from the guild or doesn't make it out of recruit status. As in there is an in-guild punishment for the guy looting what he wasn't supposed to. CSR doesn't even need to step in.

Saying to ban something for what happened to you in PoM doesn't help server population numbers
Old 10-25-2023, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

i wander whi we hav c0rpse timErs

buhhhhguhh?
Old 10-29-2023, 08:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wouldn't the person switching to a different toon be technically ninja looting? Mind blown!
Old 10-29-2023, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't the person switching to a different toon be technically ninja looting? Mind blown!
Not at all. The rules are posted. We who play here must read them.
Old 11-03-2023, 05:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just put yourself on someone else's shoes. How would you feel if someone loot and walk away that supposed to belong to you or your alt? Doesn't matter if it is epic piece or quest item.