Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to care about the rules a lot, and I complained a lot about our non classic ruleset, and probably will do so in the future.

BUT

I just want any new PVP enabled server at this point. I'll be disappointed if some cool fixes don't get attempted but damn lets just put a time frame on this thing and RESET IT after a few years so we can all have fun again.

There was over 300 people having fun on red for a good long while. There are 30 now. I don't care how you slice it, its a bummer.

1. Rallos zek 4 level range, item loot. Full classic. Legacy items disabled / permanently in game custom. Forced level progression
2. Sullon Zek no pvp level range no item loot. Custom 2 teams. Legacy items disabled / permanently in game custom. Forced level progression

PK identifiers are from a different game and I feel are long shots for this and not that important. Its easy to learn about PK's because its a goddamn troll SK that hangs out feigned death by ghoul arch magus and is about to roll through and HT you. I wonder if he is a PK?

Any new server at this point is going to be freaking sweet. I just got work from home enabled so I can fully tank my real life career at least through the end of 2021 so lets get this shit ACTIVATED
More ands and less butts.

Also congrats at getting internet at home finally. That is the real best reason to do it.

Also in favor of red2.0 while still alive.

Pks and antipk sort themselves out and it isn't really a thing until 300+ population anyway. So I'm not on favor of making it harder for anyone to pvp for any reason.

Sullon teams would be tons of fun with a good exp bonus, and no exp loss from pve.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:43 AM
Banned

The PK thing is really trying to overthink things. Do it like Rallos: A piece of paper, note names. Once you go past like level 20 its not like the guy will have 10 different alts. If you cant be bothered to do this youre just not cut out for EQ pvp, even with tweaks.

I would never play a X1 xp server that gets reset. Faster leveling, trying out classes i never played, yes. But dont think itll happen here.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Cool

/friend list is more like petty revenge list
Old 09-11-2021, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The PK thing is really trying to overthink things. Do it like Rallos: A piece of paper, note names. Once you go past like level 20 its not like the guy will have 10 different alts. If you cant be bothered to do this youre just not cut out for EQ pvp, even with tweaks.

I would never play a X1 xp server that gets reset. Faster leveling, trying out classes i never played, yes. But dont think itll happen here.
fast EX plus level locks

check in each few weeks or month and see what is up

can roll and pvp dedicated with ppl on saturdays and no pressure to log in every single day and poop a dragon only way to go for a new pvp server + resets

someone mentioned keeping one item from the previous season, sounds good to me
Old 09-11-2021, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

If FFA:
Honestly current red rules is ideal I think. Item loot is too scary for the bluebies.

If teams:
8 lvl range. No level limits would result in griefing.

No item loot.

2-3 teams with RP elements. Good/evil/neutral are good. Would be cool if they could code in ip restrictions for the teams, so you had to delete all your characters if you wanted to switch teams ever. They should be hard coded so you can’t group or guild with enemies. Maybe allow healing and buffing of other teams idk.

No xp loss on pvp death

Current red lbs rules
Old 09-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Current rules effectively disable low
Level pvp while empowering griefers.

That’s why Sullon rules would be better than current. Because current low
Level pvp is pretty much pointless. With sullon at least you also disable twink PKs.

The twink pk dynamic is my favorite thing in games on rallos zek but on this rule set is garbage.

Would play it anyways
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Level pvp is pretty much pointless. With sullon at least you also disable twink PKs.

The twink pk dynamic is my favorite thing in games on rallos zek but on this rule set is garbage.

Would play it anyways
Gustoo is a forever pvp veteran and stalwart paladin of bristlebane. Whatever Gustoo says is the absolutest truth.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

Would play it anyways
I think the sullon ruleset is too brutal. Back on live, i rather'd play naked than get one-shot on my lvl8 char in blackburrow by a 45 wiz. Its one of the things i remember clearly. Like the class and level that one-shot me. I logged off sullon and started a char on Rallos. Im pretty sure even people who think of themselves as hard here will get bummed out. You can always park your main in the same zone than your lowbie, but that will get old fast.

I think again the perfect ruleset would be item loot with custom no-drop sets so that you can get decked out in no-drop and only take out the drop shit when youre doing like... guild activity. The no-drop shit would be a weaker version of items that drop around that level.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 09-12-2021 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-12-2021, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Question

Item loot with Firiona Vie server rules- only epics are no drop?
Old 09-12-2021, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

I think most pvp servers are a gamble. Its always going to be a lotto of, does one group dominate everyone. I would just say, make or reset more pvp servers /shrugs.

Sullon like rules would be cool if there was consistent strong multiple teams. Then we might as well do TZ/VZ.

I thought I was hard on Sullon but I only probably ever pked like 30 noobs, because I would always hide out, and wait for my reputation to diminish. I also was a teenager so he /shrugs. I would say Rallos is more hard than Sullon though.
Last edited by A Knight; 09-12-2021 at 08:45 PM..
Closed Thread