Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Default Guildwar based PvP on blue/green

I was curious if it would be possible to have PvP on blue by having two guilds be in permanent guildwar towards each other. (some digging seems to indicate the answer is no, guildwar disabled despite pretty overwhelming playerbase support)

Basically the idea here is two guilds are created, one for light races, one for dark races, the guilds guildwar each other and stay that way permanently.

I am unsure of the mechanics of guildwar and how PvP flags are handled in that case (is it like book of discord where no buffs or heals are allowed from non-booked players, only guildies?).

It seems like this is the key to having the best of both worlds on one server. It would also be primarily team-based, which is by and large where EQ PvP shines. Furthermore, this could eliminate some of the lawyerquesting as disputes on PvP servers were usually handled through PvP. Ultimately this solves the issue of people who want to PvP (of which there are many on P99) have the option to do so. I would like to make a plea to the devs to consider implementing /guildwar sometime in the future. It is classic, afterall.

If the devs simply do not want to implement this, an alternative would be to form two guilds composed only of players who have handed in their books of discord, which could be doable.

Thoughts?
Last edited by walfreyydo; 09-12-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Old 09-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

One of my buddies in-game always wants to start a PVP guild on Blue, I told him he should do it and there'd probably be lots of interested folks but he never did.

The idea of two warring pvp guilds on a blue server is interesting though, I think it would be a fun mini-game gimmick-characters much like Auld for a portion of the server.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

Join Red
Old 09-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

I cant imagine if guildwar worked that there wouldn't 2 pvp guilds on blue99 that drop whatever they're doing and fight to the death whenever they encounter each other for the last many years.

iirc the feature does not work on p99

I wonder what this game would be like today, if the only places you could PVP in classic everquest was in all raid zones and the pvp in those zones was mandatory all the way back to the introduction of the planes. I wonder if it would have made end game raiding much more interesting 20 years later than it is, not that it isnt, but I'd just like to know what p99 raiding is like in that timeline.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Banned

ImAgiNe enD gaEm zoneS conveRted intO ConTesTed pVp zoNeS by -+4 lvlS
Old 09-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant imagine if guildwar worked that there wouldn't 2 pvp guilds on blue99 that drop whatever they're doing and fight to the death whenever they encounter each other for the last many years
This is exactly the vision of what I was thinking as well.

I wonder if it could still be possible even without /guildwar through having players turn in book of discord and join opposing guilds, as a workaround?
Old 09-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

I have been wanting to start a pvp guild so bad but I'm super busy and having fun working with Aftermath.

I think there would definitely be interest
Old 09-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

I'd love to see all you nutbags beat the piss out of each other - that sounds like a perfect storm for a CSG nToV resurgence!
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 09-13-2019, 09:22 AM
Banned

Guildwar doesn’t work here and blue isnt tuned right so pvp will be stupid because of insta clicks.

Lol at 2019 threads about pvp on blue
Old 09-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Did you really laugh out loud?