Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-23-2023, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just can't change your opinion on something once you Say it. Sky belt is literally gonna rot less he just doesn't want to guild/raid at all. Any casual guild almost can do sky, like almost any.
Not sure where that came from. I didn't disagree with your opinion.

I am simply stating facts. OP is not guaranteed to get the 21% sky belt in a week. There are factors that can drag it out.

If OP want's to play his Monk for the next few weeks, I wouldn't suggest he simply stop playing until a Sky Belt drops. Get SCHW + Peacebringer, have some fun, and resell SCHW when he gets a Sky Belt. I am not sure why you think OP can't do both. Based on the price data I don't forsee a sudden plummet in the SCHW prices. 1.5k isn't a big sum of money. If OP loses 100-200pp on a resale, that isn't going to be hard to get back, even on a more contested server like Green. If your killing stuff while waiting for Sky Belt, you could be farming money anyway.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-23-2023 at 01:15 PM..
Old 02-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

edit: nvm
Old 02-23-2023, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed : nvm
Old 02-23-2023, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen it take a few weeks to get a 21% belt, even doing full clears. Sometimes you get unlucky and non drop (no matter how many sisters you manage to kill!)

DSM is right on this one to have a contingency plan in place until the trash belt drops.

SCHW are hot property on green still - always WTBers for them in EC atm. They will flip easily after the belt drops (and even if they don't it is good to have spares for the next melee alt!)

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-23-2023, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Hot tip: Sometimes you can get SCHW cheap if you buy directly from the dude camping it in Velk's since they're LORE.

But yea, as others have said I'd go ahead and join a guild that does sky. Those 21% haste belts do rot often enough and the 41% belt isn't out of the question if you can tolerate doing sky once a week for a couple months. The epic is also super obtainable, esp. if you just buy the pipe MQs which are cheapish now.

But tldr; buy SCHW, join a guild, make friends, get loot, and live your best life.

Good to see you playing again!
Old 02-23-2023, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Seems like dragonborn sash is 4k. I'd just get that. Best haste without spending shitloads of money & epic will eventually rep gloves so don't bother.
Old 02-23-2023, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like dragonborn sash is 4k. I'd just get that. Best haste without spending shitloads of money & epic will eventually rep gloves so don't bother.
The 2% extra haste isn't going to give you a big DPS increase. SCHW + Peacebringer is a bigger DPS increase for the same price. Sky Belt + Peacebringer is also better DPS than just getting a Sash.

Sash of the Dragonborn is a bit of a weird item, as it's price range doesn't really work for anybody.

If you can't afford any haste item, it's too expensive. FBSS and SCHW are your options for budget haste. If you are able to drop 4k on a item that only gives you a small boost (compared to FBSS or SCHW), you can probably save up for a much better haste item.

Sash of the Dragonborn is good if you happen to get it for free via dropping, and need a haste item.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-23-2023 at 04:02 PM..
Old 02-23-2023, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hot tip: Sometimes you can get SCHW cheap if you buy directly from the dude camping it in Velk's since they're LORE.
it’s not unusual for them to be free.

200-600pp seems to be going price for looting them.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-23-2023, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for info everyone. I'm in Ancient Blood and Castle but I have been a little sketchy on going into raid zones is all
Old 02-23-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad there's a few ideas out there, I just wasn't aware of everything. I still don't mind the ridiculously impossible optimistic suggestions here and there (yeah there is like absolutely 0 chance I'm going to be getting a sky belt on green) but I have a few things to shoot for