Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not once did I ever say I know for sure. Just that there's a lot of compelling evidence that we don't have a clue about conciousness.
My fave thing about science is nobody knows why anesthesia causes unconsciousness. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2021, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to hear one person who studies the science of evolution describe why a species would evolve to do this because they have yet to.

Edit: it's even contrary to stronger evolution because it encourages death lol

Maybe death is like a flower, and evolved like a sweet tasting flavor, so that people would chase that dragon and spread it throughout the land.
Sometimes peoples bodies keep going even after they've left them and the bodies and brains are perfectly fine... it's just like no ones home anymore.

In fact it takes a lot to convince me you have a soul. Some people I feel and read and ever so often I meat someone who is just like a machine. Don't think I've met any animals like this yet.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to hear one person who studies the science of evolution describe why a species would evolve to do this because they have yet to.

Edit: it's even contrary to stronger evolution because it encourages death lol

Maybe death is like a flower, and evolved like a sweet tasting flavor, so that people would chase that dragon and spread it throughout the land.
Well I watched this video about little-known facts about dolphins and why they are such an evolved species…and among things like having a skin type that prevents parasites from attaching…

…dolphin also have a brain that floods itself with a morphine-type chemical when they are injured. This prevents them from thrashing in the water or displaying pain, which would be a signal for sharks. Dolphin’s ability to tolerate pain due to this chemical is so great, that dolphins with mortal wounds that would later kill them have been observed to still be engaging in play activities in the wild

But yea, theirs was to prevent attracting a predator so it had a more specific evolutionary function
Old 09-28-2021, 08:51 PM
Banned

Nope. Taking drugs is not the same as "dying" in the eyes of most people. Like whos even going to even want to listen to the time you took drugs and it mimics dying etc. People will line up for a "i died and went somewhere" story though. Then sell a book about it, intertwine it with a religion, go on tours, tell it to an audience of over a billion customers ehrm worshipers. Then the story gets spread around and around and around, millions of people hear it and believe it because its from an authority figure. Thats just one story!

Stop doing shit like that. Chances are, you're not going to make a whole school system around that time you took drugs and it mimic'd dying, but the other one did. Chances are you're not going to start a war about that time you took drugs and it mimic'd dying, the other one sure did.. You probably wont handle snakes, become david keresh, or jim jones, either. The drug people probably wont ask for 10% of your salary, for life, either..

Its weird how only the christians say heaven has grandma and all that. Muslims say they get the virgins, the milk, and the honey. The greeks said you go chill with hades for a bit. Chinese people say theres like circles of redemption and stuff, like a big wheel runs you over and stuff. Vikings go to valhallah to get wasted and fight.

Wouldnt they all match if it was true?

Just sayin, dont go startin no religions on a whisper in the wind or a vision in the darkness, burning bushes, either. Then sayin you know what happens, then it happened to you, buy my book, read it to your children. here's part 2, the bible.. agree or burn. its a gateway drug.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
My fave thing about science is nobody knows why anesthesia causes unconsciousness. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk. I mean. It's more like being walled in. I've been anethstatized before and it was much different than the other times I lost conciousness. One time I was on "unconscious" my body got up and moved out of a car wreck.... I was sitting comfortably on the side of the road when I became "aware".

I have my super secret theories to share on memort, life, reality. I need to write them up properly and draw graphics to explain them. Needless to say I feel like everyone who thinks they're alive is kinda... wrong about what being alive actually is. And it explains a lot of the nonlocality and nonlinearity of the universe.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. Taking drugs is not the same as "dying" in the eyes of most people. Like whos even going to even want to listen to the time you took drugs and it mimics dying etc. People will line up for a "i died and went somewhere" story though. Then sell a book about it, intertwine it with a religion, go on tours, tell it to an audience of over a billion customers ehrm worshipers. Then the story gets spread around and around and around, millions of people hear it and believe it because its from an authority figure. Thats just one story!

Stop doing shit like that. Chances are, you're not going to make a whole school system around that time you took drugs and it mimic'd dying, but the other one did. Chances are you're not going to start a war about that time you took drugs and it mimic'd dying, the other one sure did.. You probably wont handle snakes, become david keresh, or jim jones, either. The drug people probably wont ask for 10% of your salary, for life, either..

Its weird how only the christians say heaven has grandma and all that. Muslims say they get the virgins, the milk, and the honey. The greeks said you go chill with hades for a bit. Chinese people say theres like circles of redemption and stuff, like a big wheel runs you over and stuff. Vikings go to valhallah to get wasted and fight.

Wouldnt they all match if it was true?

Just sayin, dont go startin no religions on a whisper in the wind or a vision in the darkness, burning bushes, either. Then sayin you know what happens, then it happened to you, buy my book, read it to your children. here's part 2, the bible.. agree or burn. its a gateway drug.
Have you ever suffered extreme physical trauma or NDE or been like oh fuck I'm dying, only to have like full on alternate reality experience, than come too with paramedics standing over u?
Closed Thread