Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just have to... try.
This sums EVERYTHING up...

Poor Alarti (Good Post/Variety)
Old 12-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep using that word to describe how things work here.

Is it competition to race your mate dragging your ballsacks across a field of broken glass?

Is it competition when someone brings donuts into work and you rush to them in a frenzied sprint to grab as many as you can?

Or when you try to hail a taxi and you're screaming "FTE! FTE!", and when one shows up you throw a javelin at the driver, then shove and claw your way inside?

Then at the end of the day you go home to your dumpster and alleycat family, and say "Boy, that was fun. I sure bested all of them. Hailed four fucking cabs". Then you drift off to sleep wondering whether you'll make it through the night without a restauranteur dumping a half eaten pizza in the alley, to which you'll need to race a pack of stray dogs.

But you'll sleep comfortably, until then; after all, you relish the competition.
This must be Motec, and yes, the points are very apt
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

I actually like this as an alternative to the other proposal we had. Not bad at all.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simple Fair Solution

Tier A Guilds: FE/IB, TMO
Tier B Guilds: All the rest of youzes

1/2 of Inny/Fay/Sev/Gore/Tal/Naggy/Vox are open for Tier B guilds to kill as they see fit. Make a rotation, compete. Your choice!
1/2 of Draco's/Maestro's are open for Tier B guilds.

Tier B guilds may choose to compete on the other 1/2 of these mobs as they want without punishment.

Tier B guilds may compete in VP and at Trak/VS/CT as they want without punishment.

Tier B guilds will become Tier A guilds for a period of 30 days if they meet any of the following conditions. Kill a VP dragon, Kill 3 Trakanon's in a 30 day period, Kill 2 Venril Sathir's in a 30 day period, Kill 2 CT's in a 30 day period.

No Poopsocking(Logged in at or near a spawn) Tracking obviously permitted.
No DA engages(this can be a flat out policy or a time limit(36 seconds))

This gives out roughly 22 raid mobs to the server per month(not competed on by FE/IB or TMO)
The rest of the mobs are competitive.

This allows "casual scum" to have lots of raid encounters, but it also allows the best raids to be competitive. This is a happy balance between full competition and rotations.

Review, and when you do explain your position, what you would like to change, and the reasoning behind your dissent.
This is a good idea, however, 1/2 of these mobs that are "left" up need to have a time limit.

For instance, if an "A" tiered guild does not down Trak in "X" amount of time, then "B" guild can have a shot at it, although it may not be their turn. AND same vise/versa.

The philosophy behind this is, that the competitive spirit is not lost in raiding. No matter how fair, if there is no need for competition globally the raid scene will become stagnant.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razdeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a good idea, however, 1/2 of these mobs that are "left" up need to have a time limit.

For instance, if an "A" tiered guild does not down Trak in "X" amount of time, then "B" guild can have a shot at it, although it may not be their turn. AND same vise/versa.

The philosophy behind this is, that the competitive spirit is not lost in raiding. No matter how fair, if there is no need for competition globally the raid scene will become stagnant.
I agree 100% on a timelimit. I just didn't think to add one. However, all "A" Tiered mobs are competitive always. This timelimit would apply to "B" tiered guilds. 6hrs should be more than enough?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Indeed.

I don't know why simplicity is evil. The billion posts with a billion rules and a billion exceptions are insane.

Regardless of what I think of Alarti, his proposal is valid. It is folly to ignore a good idea just because you don't care for the person delivering it.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

I really like this idea, and am trying to have more people look at it.

Imo there should be a time limit to engage on all these proposals.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

BDA should be Tier A

Just checked:
BDA currently has 19 players online 50-60
FE has 9
IB has 4
TMO has 5

(that are not anon, obviously)

Either way, BDA is huge, with many high level and experienced players and should be treated as such.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Last edited by Aaron; 12-31-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This does nothing but kick the ball down the road while allowing TMO / IB to return to raiding immediately.

Force these knuckleheads into an agreement while you have them by the throat and say no thanks. Thank you. God bless.
It doesn't kick anything down the road, it's the guilds that are willing to work harder offering to leave mobs for others to kill, counter to the entire structure and driving force behind those guilds. If you think Rogean's goal is to punish any guild here, you're crazy. TMO received punishment and is to be brought back into the fold and offered peace. I have no idea what Rogean's reaction would be to the casuals demanding more than the other guilds are willing to yield. My interpretation is there has to be an agreement that stops monopolization and asshatterypetitionquesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baramur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add in a solution to let guilds try vs/trak every now and then without tmo/fe/ib and this proposal is solid. How can people still complain when the guilds that held 97 percent of all raid content is now saying they not raid almost half of raid content at all.
I think every raid mob should at least sometimes be reserved for tier B guilds and sometimes be open to Tier A guilds.

Also I think the casual guilds need to engage in a timely manner. 4 hours is too much, how about 1 hour? There are enough guilds in Tier B that one of them ought to be able to muster a force in that time. If they can't, call up another guild and invite them to join you. Casual guilds need to learn to cooperate too, instead of just sitting there waiting for something free.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed.

I don't know why simplicity is evil. The billion posts with a billion rules and a billion exceptions are insane.

Regardless of what I think of Alarti, his proposal is valid. It is folly to ignore a good idea just because you don't care for the person delivering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really like this idea, and am trying to have more people look at it.

Imo there should be a time limit to engage on all these proposals.
ONWARD!
Closed Thread