Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 01:18 PM
Orc

Default VZTZ progress report

Hail adventurers,

VZTZ Reborn continues development for a long-term Classic PVP box for the EMU community.

Things we have done in the last week.

- Runnyeye reverted to 1.0. Warlord, Goblin_king, Black Iron loot, Dazed goblins etc.

- Entire Quests folder is reverted for only in era content, all the wayfarer messages are gone etc.

- Robes added to Akanon and Qeynos newbie guilds.

- Myotis Bats, King snakes, Field rats, all reverted to classic a_bat, a_large_bat, a_giant_bat with proper loot tables.

- Fog/Clip ranges set to TAKP values for immersion, increased snow rate in Everfrost, increased rain rate in Feerrot etc. Increased rain chance in the Karanas.

- Undead camp in Qhills fixed to look like p99s, out of era mobs removed.

- Gypsy models (female qeynos models) fixed, Nilbog had this problem in 2008 I was reading about it.

- a_dread_corpse is now red, Necro pets set to red at appropriate level

- Bash/kick was doing bonus damage based on Item bonuses removed does appropriate dmg now. Pets are classic, Melee is classic, Spells are p99/classic.

No files to download no spyware, only good old classic immersion. Constant content updates and fixes.

https://discord.gg/wTsXpYUFXc

Winter is coming, VZTZ Reborn.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:23 PM
Orc

Oops missed one.

- Befallen reverted to Classic. All of the major content is classic now. Cazic thule and inny the gods are 1.0. Fear/Hate 1.0. Cazic thule the zone 1.0 with Rubicite. 2 box, +/-4 levels accelerated EXP, we have it set to 2X normal rate. P99 I guess is 1.0, Red is 1.5, VZTZ Reborn is 2x. Very fast but not instant.

Trying to keep everything in line with the VZTZ formula and style, Leaderboard, YT, all the bells and whistles, 2 box, accelerated EXP - with the content of Red99 full classic.

Immersion is first and foremost, everything is Classic, 0% custom, everything will be based on Classic/how P99 decided classic basically.

We are a combination of PEQ/P99/Alkabor, big shout outs to each of those projects for our project research/straight up content.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:28 PM
Orc

VPS paid for a year, enough memory to keep all zones loaded no dynamic zones. Script to reboot if it crashes. Should be nearly 100% uptime.

Never going past Classic, never wiping.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Nice!!! Kunark wasn’t so bad though. Tons of content.
Old 08-27-2024, 03:02 PM
Orc

Yes exactly lol.

I'll let a better man do it, I love Kunark but my box will remain Classic. Ideally I'd like to see a permanent Kunark box, and then Red99 but just the way I see it.
Old 08-27-2024, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

ok thanks for the update
Old 08-28-2024, 01:28 AM
Orc

imagine 4.2k lol.
Old 08-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Orc

Figured out Spawn_events, Day/Night cycles, syncd the time with the events and got them all working good now, Bouncer_Gronk/Ambassador_K'ryn, Day gnolls spawn and switch to night gnolls in Lake Rathe. Pyzjin spawns at night.

Etc etc, going through them all anyway but it's functioning right now.
Old 08-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Orc

My box is not garage box, it is fine wine Red 2.0 with VZTZ logic 2 box accelerated EXP.

Everything structural is fairly solid, now it's content related mostly. I need to go through merchant item lists, maybe add some mobs for density in certain areas and add pathing grids(frogloks on froglok island, crocs in oasis). etc.

Now it's all about immersion and fine tuning. Join Discord if you want pictures of fixes/development and what we have been doing, find something wrong with my box I dare you, no spells/files to download Titanium/p99 files.

Or go play Throne and liberty and pay to win and grind korean mmo?? and win??
Old 08-28-2024, 04:08 PM
Orc

GM policy on box - 0 interference in-game. Point out stuff wrong with the box it will be fixed promptly.
Closed Thread