Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Banned

I'm 99% sure it does.

As normal with these threads, I'll vote cleric/monk. Unbeatable synergy pre 50, and absolute backbone of any group.

Cleric/Monk has every efficiency of shaman/monk through both far more efficient healing, and far more efficient mend.

Shaman/Monk instead tends to shine in the low 50's onwards. Which is fine, but also severely restricts your loot camps and grouping ease. It's far easier to find slows and haste (sham/enc/bard), than it is to find a cleric for you to go deep dungeon fun.

So if I had my pick I routinely examine both the ability to play duo together with efficiency, which sham or cleric both have; and the ability to pick up just about anyone else to become a solid group base. Which the cleric brings. Cleric also brings bargaining power for group entry into better spots, plenty of coin from rezzing if you're the kind that accepts plat.

The monk also ends up with his own spell haste, so part of the shaman's attraction is negated there too in the low 50's onwards anyway.

I think the shaman/monk duo really shines above cleric/monk in the 55+ grind if you absolutely want to play alone as a duo. But at those levels you'll more easily form a group to get better xp, have more fun, have more variety and more loot from having a cleric.

That's my pick, after having levelled monks in the past with both shamans and clerics, and levelled clerics with monk partners, and 2boxing a monk/cle on mac. A well played shaman will ALWAYS be better than a shit cleric, and vice versa though.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm nagus' friend, the other part of the duo. Thanks a lot for all the advice. I picked a monk. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Banned

Enjoy, if you see me online (in a week or so) on Motec give me a hollar and I'll sort you out with some HP rings or something.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy, if you see me online (in a week or so) on Motec give me a hollar and I'll sort you out with some HP rings or something.
Thank you! I'm starting on the leveling now, really excited to be back to Norrath. <3
Closed Thread