Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

From what I understand the issue doesn't lie solely with how AC works but also on the amount of ATK rating of individual mobs. Even if the AC math matched classic EQ you would still need to know the attack ratings of mobs and how that factored into AC on a per hit basis.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know 100% for sure it doesn't work in pvp, as i get hit just as hard on my warrior as i would on any other character. I probably have one of the highest AC warriors on red and I tend to get hit by high level mobs for their maximum damage pretty consistently as well. I'm assuming since this thread has no developer response that it hasn't been looked into but going off of the parses posted in this thread it's pretty obvious that it isn't working quite right.
In PvP you mitigate as if you were a mob (Don't ask me why it's set up that way.) So AC matters in PvP, but not as much as in PvE, which apparently isn't as much as it should.

It's something that's on my radar to fix (the PvP part). I noticed that when I was mucking around with defensive disciplines in PvP.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In PvP you mitigate as if you were a mob (Don't ask me why it's set up that way.) So AC matters in PvP, but not as much as in PvE, which apparently isn't as much as it should.

It's something that's on my radar to fix (the PvP part). I noticed that when I was mucking around with defensive disciplines in PvP.
Fix the PvE part first. It's kind of a big deal for AC to work properly.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fix the PvE part first. It's kind of a big deal for AC to work properly.
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Fixing AC on red99 to be broken like PvE would suck. It doesn't seem like AC does anything in PvE, but admittedly I haven't tested it extensively. So you fix it so it works properly in PvE then fix it on red99. Why would you purposely make it broken, you know?
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 11-22-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Old 12-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mouth chew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
must be a blue server thing
still working fine on red
confirmed daily by situational gear sets
proven? where? how?

I'm not sure how you expect posts like this to make any difference.