Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-10-2022, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except he doesnt, especially when they start adding custom content. Then it REALLY is going to go sideways
Copium
Old 07-10-2022, 06:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a buggy exploited hell hole that green players dont want to join.

Personally I agree, wipe green and start green 2.0. No need to keep green characters around, it is supposed to restart that's the whole fun of it.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I agree, wipe green and start green 2.0. No need to keep green characters around, it is supposed to restart that's the whole fun of it.
Thinking about the ridiculous amount of time I put into Green, I’m surprised that I don’t think I’d be very upset if a wipe happened. I guess I’d feel different if I hadn’t acheieved my main goals, sorta unfulfilled childhood dream of hitting 60, playing Wizard and getting an Epic and Dragonbane. As a kid I think I got to 52 or so on a Magician and looked at the big Wizars spell damage numbers and decided that Wizards CLEARLY were better and mages sucked. Oh boy.

Anyway, it’d be cathartic. The friends will still be around on the new server. Then again, nothing prevents me from deleting my Wizard today, except maybe friends when there’s no new server? I guess there’s also more things to achieve and chase.

For those who still have unfinished goals they care about a wipe would suck. Like, half-way through your epic quest.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I agree, wipe everything and just keep green characters. Blue characters are beta, stated by developers, it's well known.

Blue was a staging ground to set the state of the project up for green. Green is our end game.

It makes sense that everything we do from here on out be focused on green. That means keeping green characters, recycling green seasons, etc.

As for people deleting their characters, go for it; but some people's goals arent the same as yours.

Old 07-11-2022, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Still not entirely sure why people are opposed to having Blue as a dumping ground for old Green characters as Green cycles.

Is it still just muh pixels? I'm sure that somebody has explained whatever moon logic they want to use to justify it but I'm not gonna read 25 pages of this.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still not entirely sure why people are opposed to having Blue as a dumping ground for old Green characters as Green cycles.

Is it still just muh pixels? I'm sure that somebody has explained whatever moon logic they want to use to justify it but I'm not gonna read 25 pages of this.
No one is opposed to that and it was the original plan anyway...except that dingus person [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2022, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

TLDR:

Green community doesnt want to rejoin blue.

Blue players are terrified that if they dont rejoin, they'll lose their chance at new legacy loot cycled in, and also that they will become irrelevant as continued green cycles are more popular than blue server, even at green's end of life.

Effectively, having green cycle and dump into its own series would be the end of blue, and blue players are scared.

Why it should happen? Blue has been a buggy mess since its inception, and the devs have even said that the entire point of blue was to practice for green.

It makes 0 sense, ZERO, to force clean, un-beta characters, back into a beta environment.

That's what this entire argument is over. These same 5 blue accounts keep attempting to derail despite the overwhelming support from the green community to be independent from blue (At first the dev's were going to merge into blue, then a STORM of green posters had huge objections to it in the discord and the dev's changed their position for it).

In short, ignore literally anything coming from the above poster, cd99, pleasenoban, and and a few others that are shills, you won't get an accurate representation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is opposed to that and it was the original plan anyway...except that dingus person [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is the DIRECT QUOTE from Rogean about the amount of feedback they initially got saying they dont want to merge back with blue. Far from "No one" as the above dishonest poster says.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server

Quote:
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 07-11-2022 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: I dont like liars. AKA Allishia
Old 07-11-2022, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Green community doesnt want to rejoin blue.
You don't speak for the entire community, pal. I'm a green player, and I want the merge. I know a lot of other green players that do too.

Quote:

In short, ignore literally anything coming from the above poster, cd99, pleasenoban, and and a few others that are shills, you won't get an accurate representation.
"You won't get an accurate representation" kinda like listening to the guy spamming his personal wishes here while falsely claiming that the entire community believes the same thing as him?

Quote:
Here is the DIRECT QUOTE from Rogean about the amount of feedback they initially got saying they dont want to merge back with blue. Far from "No one" as the above dishonest poster says.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server
This quote literally says nothing about the amount of feedback. It just acknowledges there there has been feedback. You're just bending that to mean what you want it to mean. He just says "we've heard your concerns". As I recall, when this was talked about closer to green launch, a lot of the discussion/concern was centered around the merge creating situations where character numbers would go over the max, forcing players to delete characters to make room. Also, naming conflicts. There was a lot less talk of people opposing the merge than those other discussions.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No one really minds the idea except this guy. He’s obsessed with the idea that he’s going to lose all value in the time he put in on green.

Really moronic IMO to even start playing on a progression server if that’s a concern because they always merge and recycle
Old 07-12-2022, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't speak for the entire community, pal. I'm a green player, and I want the merge. I know a lot of other green players that do too.

"You won't get an accurate representation" kinda like listening to the guy spamming his personal wishes here while falsely claiming that the entire community believes the same thing as him?

This quote literally says nothing about the amount of feedback. It just acknowledges there there has been feedback. You're just bending that to mean what you want it to mean. He just says "we've heard your concerns". As I recall, when this was talked about closer to green launch, a lot of the discussion/concern was centered around the merge creating situations where character numbers would go over the max, forcing players to delete characters to make room. Also, naming conflicts. There was a lot less talk of people opposing the merge than those other discussions.
TLDR:

You're a blue player, who tried to farm green legacy to bring back to your blue player.