Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-30-2024, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
abomination called Pinkicite armor.
lol

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2024, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That rug pull killed it for me, haven't logged into Quarm since. Would love a new P99 but not sure we'll ever get one.
why would that "rug pull" be a bad thing?
everyone would be able to get what they wanted, is your only goal to make it so nobody else gets what they want? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2024, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way Quarm was sold to us originally sounded pretty awesome to me. Forced rotations plus open world quakes for a good compromise on loot value/scarcity with quakes for a little competition.

But then it got changed to instanced raiding. And that makes loot so plentiful that I don't think anyone cares about competing for open world, certainly not months into an expansion. That will also make the tunnel market more like a TLP, as everything you spend time farming loses value in proportion to how easy it is to get raid-geared. Also Secrets pulled the rug at the last second and decided to keep legacy items in the game permanently, and there's some abomination called Pinkicite armor.
So the "no brag" factor, like...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2024, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone would be able to get what they wanted, is your only goal to make it so nobody else gets what they want? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I would prefer no legacy items to custom legacy items that aren't legacy. But the last-minute reversal isn't just bad in this instance, it's bad in general. We were told one thing by Secrets from day 1, then at the very last minute it's like haha actually I changed my mind. Not a good precedent to set IMO. But I'm over it. I have no interest in playing on PQ or any TLP server but good for those who do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the "no brag" factor, like...
LOL warder loot. I don't even have beads or a manastone or anything on p99 and probably never will. I just don't grudge people who do. I don't get how there are self-described casual players who are obsessed with not having certain items. The pixel envy from middle-aged men in an elf sim is not the most mature behavior.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah last minute rug pulls in a game like EQ where it requires significant amount of time to progress are kind of unfair IMO. People should be aware of everything they're getting into when they decide to devote that amount of time to a character on a server. Not have things changed after they've already put in a bunch of time.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Others have already answered this but also Iksars having access to DE mask for faction purposes fundamentally changes the game.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Aviak

There's nothing wrong with "legacy items forever" or people "getting what they want", but there is a lot wrong with a last minute rug pull on things that have huge impact on the game.

People enjoy different things and styles of EQ and that's fine, but to completely change it after months of time invested is BS.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Legacy items outside of DE iksars don't change the game in any significant way once you're in Kunark and beyond. Manastone is mostly a dead item then. Beads is a novelty item outside of raiding and raiders got beads anyway. Guise is just a vanity item.

However, it's true that if you make raid loot easy to get that devalues regular dungeon drops.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Others have already answered this but also Iksars having access to DE mask for faction purposes fundamentally changes the game.
Oh wow didn't think about that. Yeah that's a massive one that I'm stunned they allowed. Admittedly, Iksar Monk/Necro is already the meta, but if you can get the DE mask then there's simply no other reason to roll any other race for those classes. It completely takes a major tradeoff out of the game.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quarm sounds awesome from what is being said here lol, may actually try it out now.