Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Kobold

I am usually only able to play 3 to 4 hours after work on the weekdays, and rarely on the weekends if i'm not doing anything. I'm not able to level up as fast as some of the other hardcore players, but so far I have found it to be reasonable enough to stay interested in the game.

With limited time I do recommend you try a solo class (i.e. Necro, mage, druid) because some nights there won't be any available groups and then you can go straight to soloing while waiting for a group etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
I have lots of neat tricks...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

its nice that we have a casual player base as well :]

im sorta playing casual atm.. but i do throw in my hardcre moments... once im out of my casual streak ill be set :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 05-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing since early November and my highest is level 15. It's been "worth it", since, you know, I've just been playing a video game. I play significantly less than twenty hours a week.
Yep... ditto. Been playing since October and only have a level 12 (almost 13!) as my highest. I end up goofing around in game, finding ways to make some money, starting new toons with my brother when he can play... I'm sure i'll never make it to 30 or 40 by release of Kunark - hah!

But it's still fun!!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Aviak

That's plenty of time. I play about 10-15 hours a week with a family and I consider myself casual. If you are worried about grouping, I would suggest a solo class such as a Necro, Mage or Druid.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Aviak

20 Hours seems like a large chunk of time to me...over a week it is equivilent to watching the Lord of the Rings Triology: Extended editions, back to back and then doing it again! You should be fine I'd think.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Kobold

I also put in a few hours a night, play alot on the weekends but sometimes I go a few days without playing.

It's a little slow, but when I do get groups, the exp can really fly. I guess I also don't really mind it's being slow either since I never got to really get to experience EQ classic so I'm trying to soak it all in now before Kunark comes out.

based on my avatar pic, would you say that I am probably a complete scumbag IRL
Old 05-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Aviak

You ask if it is worth it, Well that depends! What are your goals and motivations? Do you wana raid eventually, play casual?

I mean, asides all that i said above, it is as close as a classic server as we can get. On the nostalgia alone it is worth it. Also it is ... hmm... FREE!

So really, no matter what your end goals are, i think it most likely is.

My ride
Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

I play about 6 hours a week, and it's true that it is slow, but totally worth it. I have three characters all under level 15, and honestly that is how I like it.

Even in the few hours I play, I enjoy splitting my time between leveling and farming/trading. I like to build up my equipment early on, so I might spend 3 hours one night farming for notable items (pelts, bone chips, etc.). I might come out with 100pp or so, which isn't a lot compared to what you might be able to get at level 30+ but it makes me feel like I have accomplished something.

At lower levels, the sense of accomplishment is much more frequent. I love when my primary goal is to gather a full set of banded. I love how excited I get when a HQ bear pelt or greater light stone drops. I love when I open my inventory and see 300 glorious platinums sitting there.

On the other hand, in terms of playing days on end, I do NOT love sitting in a cave for 10 hours to get a single bubble of exp. I do NOT love grinding the stone for weeks only to blow 5k on a single item. I do NOT love losing half of my weekend because of a crappy death.

What I am getting at is, I believe the less you play the more it is worth it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Aviak

20 Hours a week.... damn i wish I had 20 hours a week to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

I play for about 4-5 hours on Thursday nights. Then I end up logging in on other weekdays to sell stuff. I found that I rarely have time for grouping, unfortunately. I ended up starting a solo class just so I could do something when I want mindless entertainment.

I might go for 2 nights a week but I've got a full time job + freelance gigs, music videos, shows, photo shoots... so many irons in this fire but it's fun to relive the old days for a bit.

20 hours a week sounds like a lot to me. I still manage to gain a level in the 4-5 I play one night a week but I know it's just gonna get worse the higher I get.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Last edited by Dantes; 05-11-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Closed Thread