Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 05-15-2024, 10:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Shaman gear 20k budget

Hi,

Im starting a fresh shaman on the green server and have about 20k to spend. What gear should I get? Also what should I aim for as I progress?
Old 05-15-2024, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

Ikky chestplate, poison wind censer, silver chitin hand wraps, 6/65 rings, shrunken goblin skull earring. I'd save the leftover for JBB, selling whatever you need to in order to afford it when you hit 45.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ikky chestplate, poison wind censer, silver chitin hand wraps, 6/65 rings, shrunken goblin skull earring. I'd save the leftover for JBB, selling whatever you need to in order to afford it when you hit 45.
this, exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/topic
Old 05-16-2024, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Pretty good starting list, I would prioritize a fungi staff over JBB, in my experience the JBB is way overrated when you have solid other gear as a manaless nuke isn't that relevant when you have limitless mana and the DoTs give way more damage in a very mana efficient way.

Also make sure you grab a copy of Canni II when you can use it. 85% of your casts will be canni/fungi staff/canni/fungi staff
Old 05-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty good starting list, I would prioritize a fungi staff over JBB, in my experience the JBB is way overrated when you have solid other gear as a manaless nuke isn't that relevant when you have limitless mana and the DoTs give way more damage in a very mana efficient way.
oh boy here comes DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 05-16-2024, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh boy here comes DSM
He loves the fungi staff, remember its a FT II item according to him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2024, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

What bcbrown said to 35.
Fungi Staff clicks at 35, get one.
JBB clicks at 45, get one.
Get an epic ASAP if you solo or fungi tunic if you group more. (Ideally both)
Sell the fungi tunic and staff if you hit 60 and want torp but don’t have extra plat.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Idk what the ratio for plat to amphetamines is but you'll wanna find a good deal if you plan to stay awake playing shaman
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-16-2024, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty good starting list, I would prioritize a fungi staff over JBB, in my experience the JBB is way overrated...
Prioritize JBB over Fungi Staff if you can only pick one. Otherwise get both.

Fungi Staff translates to 1200 mana per hour, or FT2. 8 Clicks of JBB has already given you 1200 mana's worth of DD spells. Obviously you can click JBB more than 8 times per hour, which translates into more mana saving.

JBB spam is more efficient than root/rotting from 45-60 if you can't afford your Epic. Ensure you have enough money for Torpor before deciding to buy an Epic for leveling. It is better to be a level 60 Shaman with Torpor and no Epic, than a level 60 Shaman with Epic and no Torpor.

As others have said, items like JBB, Fungi Tunic, and Fungi Staff can be sold for Torpor money when you hit 60.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-16-2024 at 07:40 PM..