Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Aviak

Default Wizard Ports vs. Druid Ports

I was looking to roll a new caster/healer class and noticed both Druid and Wizard can teleport other players to different regions. However, the locations that Druids and Wizards can teleport to are different.

So I'm here to ask, is one of the classes set of ports more sought after? Or are they both equally as useful?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

druids get sow, so they win out
Old 09-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druids get sow, so they win out
True, still a bit curious about the ports comparison though.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Aren't the druid ports, on average, safer than the wizard ones? Assuming you're not KOS to druids of course. For example, IIRC the druid Skyfire port drops you close to the zone line, whereas the wizard port drops you a bit farther away.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:09 PM
Fire Giant

The wizard port to Skyfire is for the brave of heart only. It plops you right in the middle of where lots of mobs wander through including the pesky chromodracs that dispell everything. Have jboots ready and run for Burning Woods zoneline!

Druids get West Commons (the most popular port) at level 29 whereas we Wizards don't get it until 39. We do get NRO also at 39 which is the closest port to the EC tunnel.

Druids get Feerrott and Wizards get Cazic Thule so edge goes to the Druids. For CT you usually want an invis and hope not to get lost in the maze (pro tip: go straight West to door).

Druids get Butcherblock & Steamfont and Wizards get Greater Faydark. I prefer Gfay of the three but it really depends on where you're headed.

Druids get East Karana and Wizards get West Karana. The evac in WK will take you to the Qeynos Hills zoneline which saves a TON of time running if you're going to Qeynos, Blackburrow, Surefall Glades, Everfrost, Permafrost or Halas.

Druids get Lavastorm which is very popular for Sol A & B and Temple. Wizards get Nektulos. I'd much prefer Lavastorm.

If that was the end of it, Druids would win but only Wizards can port to Sky and Hate so I'd go for a Wizard if their only function was for ports.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

^ + translocates for wizards in Velious

Huge plus to be able to return melee to their bind point.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Druids:

Toxxulia
North Karana*
East Karana (Succor)
South Ro
West Commonlands*
Feerott
Butcherblock
Misty Thicket*
Steamfont
Lavastorm

Tox, NK, WC, Steamfont, BB, Lava all have vendors that will sell/buy to everyone
NK, WC and Misty (*) have druids KoS to evils. Invis those people before porting to these locations.

Wizards:

Greater Faydark
Cazic-Thule
West Commonlands
North Karana
North Ro
South Ro (Evac)
West Karana (Evac)
Toxxulia
Nektulos
Plane of Hate**
Plane of Sky**

All wizard portals are safe except Plane of Hate. North Karana has a guard pathing by and Cazic-Thule has lizards nearby I think you have to watch for.

Planar ports are the only means to enter these planes but cost a 250plat reagent.

Both classes share the 3 Kunark ports and eventually the 4 Velious ports. The Kunark ones, druids location is usually preferable. It's closer and safer than the wizard ones. The Velious ones are all identical.

Also worth noting, casting an Evacuate: Zone or Succor: Zone, will port your group to that zone. Once inside said zone, if you cast it again, it will port you to the evacuate point in that zone.

While this has marginal use generally, wizard's level 49 evacuate to west Karana, this is huge. Cause it saves you a 2-3 min run SoW'd or a much longer one without SoW'd... If you were trying to get to Qeynos or Halas areas.

I have a 51 Wiz and a 60 Druid. I find druid to be more useful in general due to SoW and marginally more useful locations. The main exception is getting to Qeynos/Halas/Permafrost or Planes. Using a 49 wizard for evac west is very useful. A 57 druid can do it by porting to NK, running to WK and casting succor. But that takes more time, drains everyone's mana, and requires a 57+ porter instead of a 49+. Also being able to port to Hate/Sky is pretty important for raid guilds.
Closed Thread