Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2023, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Healing Aggro on Charmed Pets

I've been theorycrafting some charmed pet kills, and one of the things that I'm not sure about it how much aggro gets generated by healing pets. I've had a couple of anecdotal claims that healing pets essentially does not produce any heal aggro, from people that have done cleric+chanter leveling and reported never pulling aggro on the cleric. I'm not sure if that's just due to the pet aggro being much higher and transferring to the enchanter on charm break, or if its actually that there isn't healing aggro.

What I'm wondering is if I ran two dictate chains, offset by enough that there is always at least one pet attacking a target, would it be possible to keep them up with a cheal chain for an extended fight? Or would the heal aggro build up on the clerics from the pets wiping their aggro tables every 48 seconds on charm break, and get the healers all summoned and killed without some way to wipe aggro periodically?

Does anyone know what the behavior would likely be there? Eqemu code has it DB controlled and reduced by default, which means it could be basically anything here depending on what it got set to but would accrue aggro at about ~750 aggro/cheal if its not changed.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE