Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:46 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiyz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bumamgar is a fucking developer here?

Wooooooah. At least he has security in knowing his guild won't be getting banned for MQ2 use here.
Enjoy your staff insult suspension.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 06-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then you guys would be right back here bitching about waiting for a mob to spawn and 5 minutes before it does another guild swoops in and happens to have a group that does the most damage.

No matter what system is in place there is always complaints about it.
At least the complaints would go from "I hate these guys cause they just sit in one spot for days" to "I hate these guys cause they're better geared / better at out DPSing me" which is a much less valid complaint.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:49 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually it would result in a GM having to investigate first aggro and re-awarding loot and possibly suspensions, as I've had that happen to my guild on live (Realm of Insanity vs Fires of Heaven on Trakanon anyone?)

It is a COMPLETE luck situation with whoever the code decides to aggro first.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a COMPLETE luck situation with whoever the code decides to aggro first.
Which now that I think about it would probably be the person in zone the longest, since its done by a std::list<> iteration, hmmm

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Which now that I think about it would probably be the person in zone the longest, since its done by a std::list<> iteration, hmmm
STD's? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

I guess The Sleeper was less civilized than Combine. Like... early in Kunark there was 3 guild KS fest on Venril as soon as he popped.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

there is one good solution which would work, be nice and share.. but i fear that this is not enough :/

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Now that I think about it again, the check for aggro doesn't come from an npc process, it comes from a client process... so yea it would be down to luck on timers in client process.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Banned

We 3-manned / stole Phinny from 2 full guilds (20-30ish people) who kept high sunning him from each other.

Ak'Anon Strike Force leap frogged us in Seb and trained Trakanon on us on the bridge while we were still prepping (we killed it).

Tormax was getting trained between IV and Warpath for like half an hour.

Warpath trained like all of Kael on us while we were fighting AoW.

etc etc.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
FFA Would mean 2-3 guilds literally sitting on the spawn of a mob.

Then what? The mob spawns, probably aggroes someone automatically right away, and then all 3 guilds go into a kill steal fest for the win? And if/when we do get logs of who actually was on aggro first, we take away the loot, suspend the kill stealing guild, and give it to the guild that was lucky to get first aggro?

How does that make any sense.
I was more talking about regular 20ish+ named mobs then raid mobs, which i dont have experience with. But i can see its the same "claiming" pattern.

At least with FFA it keeps people on their toes on where the numbers will be.
THEN guilds could brag about mobilizing. If a guild wants to put 5 people on hadden cuz they really want that fishbone earring drop, well let players sort it between themselves who wants it the most.

I think it would actually help soloers more than anything, because if some afk "non-boxer" cant claim hadden (dont mean to say they are all boxers, but im pretty sure there is some boxing, so unless youre sitting there next to the guy in RL, you cant really tell for sure), then if you were afk playing your alt or playing another game, watching TV when he popped its too bad, GL next time. It would also leave the spawns some breathing space. If hadden can get taken away from you easy, then not so much people would perma-camp mobs. Then you could have a pleasant surprise in QH with Hadden up and no one camping him.

Im not sure whats the solution, i played on a pvp server so it was pretty cutthroat and people didnt whine for their entitlements like you see here, it would get your corpse camped to no end.

Im not sure FFA is a good idea just for the fact that the whine meter would go to such high levels before the entitleds quit that im not sure the server wouldnt implode under the sheer weight of the whinyness.

My judgement can be wrong of course, i just dislike this claiming stuff alot.
Closed Thread