Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Aviak

No more jumping down to Yael without dying it would seem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2019, 08:31 AM
Banned

Grats us!
Old 09-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

my hot bars
anything but my hot bars
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

Character selection screen looks amazing!
Old 09-08-2019, 08:14 AM
Large Bat

Thumbs down Beyond pissed about hotbarz

Im super pissed about the hot barz so many skills and macros i need to be able to click at a moments notice and now i have to scroll through pages this is gonna fuck up everything on all my chars....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman9090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im super pissed about the hot barz so many skills and macros i need to be able to click at a moments notice and now i have to scroll through pages this is gonna fuck up everything on all my chars....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or re-read the patch notes. This change applies to PRIOR to this era. You'll still have all 10 buttons on blue. On green, you will have 6 until green gets this patch.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or re-read the patch notes. This change applies to PRIOR to this era. You'll still have all 10 buttons on blue. On green, you will have 6 until green gets this patch.
It's not the buttons it's the bars.

1 set of buttons isnt enough
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Large Bat

Default RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not the buttons it's the bars.

1 set of buttons isnt enough
exactly 1 set is nowhere near enough its bull shit
Old 09-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wish they would remove the ability to recharge items. MQing is more debatable as it was somewhat known on Live but the majority of people playing never MQ'd...but recharging items makes for a less classic playing experience.
Completely agree. MQ'ing/PL'ing is sketchy from an 'intended play' viewpoint but ultimately I'd say allow it, plus PL'ing isn't something you can't easily restrict. Though I do wish epic MQs were disabled to avoid sellers. Recharging items that aren't meant to be recharged defies the entire point of the system and makes for some egregiously broken items. It may be classic, but it feels very unclassic and obviously unintended. I was just a stupid kid, I remember most people being bad at the game. How many people were really recharging items in classic? Enough to make it 'feel' classic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great patch, keep striving for the best classic experience!

The last 23 pages confirm what I've been saying for the last months of Green speculation - most of you won't play green because it will be too hard.
Some people won't, but check the classic WoW reddit and you'll see boatloads of people claiming classic WoW is difficult and social. WoW isn't difficult. It's sure as shit not social. If anything it was the death of social games. These people switched from retail WoW to classic WoW and loved it for being difficult and social - even if they are wrong and have no perspective, memory or common sense. To them, that's their truth. Classic EQ will be more of both, and some will whine about it, but ultimately it's not that hard. There won't be warriors soloing in Lguk at 25, sure, but it's not like leveling most casters will be any different than now, just with more downtime.

These people complaining about hotbars are the reason they make things classic - or as classic intended to be. They're whining because they had a toy they shouldn't have and got used to it. Now they demand non-classic, after coming to a classic server to play. They don't actually need it, just like people playing on live didn't back when everyone sucked at games. It's not like they'll avoid Green because of it though. They're just going to QQ for a while and then get over it.

If you all are complaining about that you don't even want to know how people have to play FFXI. I had 80 hotbuttons across 6 different pages on my Red Mage when I was still 25 levels from cap with underleveled subjobs, and 10 of those were gear-swap macros or conjunction swap/cast macros. I'd have probably needed to make another 20 by the time I leveled Ninja to 37. Oh yeah, and one character could be every class which means hotbutton pages for every job/subjob combo on one character, which you had to manually make for each macro. Also, that game was made for Playstation and had a UI that was MUCH MUCH MUCH worse than this one. Virtually everything needed to be done with the m̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ keyboard. Even figuring out how to open the menu was a task. Num minus btw. Yet still we managed to chainpull and do raids.
Last edited by Keza; 09-09-2019 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: I don't know the difference between computer peripherals
Old 09-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you had two windows of hot bars. Side by side on some UIs. The second one is gone now, at least when you bring up the client. Not sure if there is a switch to flip on the ini file, or if this is just blocked now.

EDIT: It's blocked, as per the patched notes: "Universally disabled numerous non-classic UI Windows."
Last edited by goofball_jones; 09-08-2019 at 08:32 AM..
Closed Thread