Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-04-2023, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Wellp.

Guys. I gotta get up outa bed and set up a quarm client.

Wish me luck and thots and prayers!
Old 10-04-2023, 09:12 AM
Kobold

I thought you already started playing it? Also, it's really easy to set up. Download the client from TAKP get started page (the 2.2 version, the links were fucked for me for a while but eventually worked). Then join the discord server (almost every link I clicked on was fucked up, but I ended up copying and pasting the link in my actual discord and it worked, but I couldn't tell you which one). I didn't bother with the free the mouse thing, maybe should? Set your Nvidia to use the graphics card on the eqgame.exe and then log in (you have to create a TAKP forum and game account, but my old TAKP accounts already worked, there just weren't any characters on them). At this point I had to log out and change a few setting in the eq configuration file, mostly FPS stuff and the resolution. I also play in windowed mode so I can do other random shit while playing.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

hot damn i got into the character creation screen !

i had a takp account butt apearently i had to do some juju with windowze defender and the 2.2 client to fix up my install

also i haven't played takp in a few months so i had to figure that out again too

i probably wont mess with free the mouse either cuz i don't reeally care about that

!

its' wierd cuz i dont remember how to set up any of this stuff from the times i do play butt i'm super happy to hear the midi music today )

823 (now 824 broooes on the char select screen !)
Old 10-04-2023, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yay !
Old 10-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

^I don't really worship innoruuk i just like picking the mosted hated diety lawl

to simulate the prejudice i experience IRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (that I am actualkly a christian instead of a dorknob aka ding dong)
Old 10-04-2023, 10:21 AM
Kobold

I thought it was going to start a bard when I first joined, but when I logged in there were 227 people in gray, so I noted out of there and made a shaman with 77 people in zone lol
Old 10-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

i want to level up a character that can just hide/sneak afk and i am not seriously going to hit 60 butt who knows !!!

i play eq for the nostalgia so being able to just kinda be invis and semi afk places is nice
Old 10-04-2023, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

troll or ogre sham is probably a really good starter char since u got guk right there and rathe mountains/lake wrathe is going to be the lowest pop leveling zones

maybe halfling druid moving over to EK good choice if ur building a forever char that ur serious about with like ease of access to lvl 30 or so
Old 10-04-2023, 10:30 AM
Kobold

Yeah, I've been playing off and on since 2015 and really only play when I get the nostalgia itch. I don't even have a level 60 character yet, probably never will. But I do enjoy making lots of alts!
Old 10-04-2023, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I've been playing off and on since 2015 and really only play when I get the nostalgia itch. I don't even have a level 60 character yet, probably never will. But I do enjoy making lots of alts!
Best way to play EQ! I'll play an hour here or there just to clear my mind. And such. Combined over all my years from 1999 onward I probably have 10,000 levels across like 7 servers.