Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with this logic is that the eminently at-risk can *get* the vaccine, it's freely available. They should get it. But vaxxed people can still spread it, and vaxxed people can still get it. So it's not as if you're being wildly irresponsible by not getting vaxed if it's still easy to spread with it, along with all the other as yet unknown risks that it could entail by receiving these wildly new experimental vaccines.

You aren't really any more of an irresponsible monster by not getting a covid vax than you are not getting a flu shot during a bad flu season. The flu is *more* dangerous to kids, and yet nobody looks down on you as if you are human trash when you don't get a flu shot. Even though you could kill somebody's kid.

So how do the covid vax nazi's rationalize these two positions?
Well the first part is a non sequitur, as their getting the vax does nothing to mitigate the harm you cause to critical care convalescence outcomes at scale by not getting the vax.

The second is a simple appeal to hypocrisy under moral trappings. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-17-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The second is a simple appeal to hypocrisy under moral trappings. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 12-17-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

hey fire extinguisher guy got 5 years

source: my phone told me?
Old 12-17-2021, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the first part is a non sequitur, as their getting the vax does nothing to mitigate the harm you cause to critical care convalescence outcomes at scale by not getting the vax.

You're still just speculating. Hospitals are not, and have not outside of isolated specific rare instances, being overrun by covid patients. Even during that entire year before we even had a vaccine yet, they were not being overrun.

I mean where do you make the moral distinction here? Millions of people require hospitalization that clogs up medical infrastructure every year because they choose to drink or smoke. Totally preventable vices. And yet, we don't federally mandate that nobody drinks or smokes on the basis of not overwhelming ICU's. Why don't we mandate that while we're at it? Sure would free up ICU beds.
Old 12-17-2021, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're still just speculating. Hospitals are not, and have not outside of isolated specific rare instances, being overrun by covid patients. Even during that entire year before we even had a vaccine yet, they were not being overrun.

I mean where do you make the moral distinction here? Millions of people require hospitalization that clogs up medical infrastructure every year because they choose to drink or smoke. Totally preventable vices. And yet, we don't federally mandate that nobody drinks or smokes on the basis of not overwhelming ICU's. Why don't we mandate that while we're at it? Sure would free up ICU beds.
I think I painted myself into a corner. Maybe next time.

*doffs cap gentlemanely*
Old 12-17-2021, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Line up your infants y'all- We doing 3 covid shots for 6mo-5yr olds.

Quote:
The decision to evaluate a third dose of 3 µg for children 6 months to under 5 years of age reflects the companies’ commitment to carefully select the right dose to maximize the risk-benefit profile. If the three-dose study is successful, Pfizer and BioNTech expect to submit data to regulators to support an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for children 6 months to under 5 years of age in the first half of 2022.
Edit: They are applying for emergency use for something that has killed 236 children and infected 7.2 million since January 2020. I am bad at math but I believe that is a death rate of 0.000327%.

CDC
American Academy of Pediatrics
Last edited by Gatordash; 12-17-2021 at 05:50 PM..
Old 12-17-2021, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

The news is like omicron is not dangerous but they also are like if we dont get massive vax then we are all going to die which is it?!
Old 12-17-2021, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Line up your infants y'all- We doing 3 covid shots for 6mo-5yr olds.

Edit: They are applying for emergency use for something that has killed 236 children and infected 7.2 million since January 2020. I am bad at math but I believe that is a death rate of 0.0000327%.

CDC
American Academy of Pediatrics
Yep yet there are states that require vaccination even the flu vaccine before the same kids can go to Pre-School or attend a state assisted daycare.

This is no different.

There are some horrendous side effect in kids from Covid.

For example, kids who develop heart problems due to MIS-C will need regular visits with a cardiologist.
Last edited by Botten; 12-17-2021 at 05:54 PM..
Old 12-17-2021, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep yet there are states that require vaccination even the flu vaccine before the same kids can go to Pre-School or attend a state assisted daycare.

This is no different.

There are some horrendous side effect in kids from Covid.
Its been a year. We don't know the long term side effects of Covid or the vaccine yet.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is no different.
Defeating covid by giving the moral authority of man the keys to rule the kingdom:

Quote:
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.

Quote:
And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.

Quote:
From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to rule with a rod of iron.

Quote:
He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.

america is the beast not the president

Quote:
On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

🤷*♂️
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-17-2021 at 06:42 PM..
Closed Thread