Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2022, 12:05 AM
Banned

Default Your ideal red server setup

Here it is, my final hurrah, my last contribution to feedback into red in the hopes that devs are watching and taking some hints from player feedback. We may or may not ever get another red server, but to me it would really be a sad affair to have another meme setup and watch, groundhog day style population numbers decrease steadily during the first weeks. After this i will take a huge break and watch from time to time but it will give me "closure" and move on to other things.

-------------------------------------------

Gonna keep it simple.

- FFA 4 levels

- No xp loss in pvp

- xp group bonus. Soloing is boring and nostalgia will not help now that most of us have experienced EQ again one time through one server or another. When all else fails, you solo.

- Item loot 1 item ONLY IF the devs can be bothered to code no drop sets that will offset the harshness of losing items. The sets are just lesser versions of regular gear that is found for that level range on regular mobs' loot tables with maybe some pieces on nameds/rarer mobs. Maybe even let crafters make the basic pieces no drop.

It will 1) Make Gfay what it was on Rallos: A big economy hub for items trade and low level pvp hub. 2) Kill RMT 95% as most anyone isnt stupid enough to pay 50$ for a lootable fungi.

If devs dont have the manpower / dont want to do this, then just coin loot no item loot. Re-reading my post before pressing go makes me see that my item loot setup would be top tweak eq emu while keeping it vanilla but quite a bit of work so 1.0 setup seems to be the way to go, without the xp loss debacle of the first 1.5 years.

I may be forgetting something, ill add it later if it comes up.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 05-28-2022 at 12:15 AM..