Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evac is there for emergencies. If it cost 70% of a druid or wizards mana... and it's an emergency situation. How often do you think either of these classes would have that much mana?

Also using a percentage makes no sense. A level 40 could have anything from a 1300-2000 mana pool depending on their gear.

How often? Not very that's pretty much the point, it's basically an "oh shit" button for 300 mana that doesn't scale. Which is why I used % instead of a hard number. As mana increases it trivializes the situational aspect of the spell even further.

I'll meet you half way and say that it should lower cast time, and 50% total mana.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How often? Not very that's pretty much the point, it's basically an "oh shit" button for 300 mana that doesn't scale. Which is why I used % instead of a hard number. As mana increases it trivializes the situational aspect of the spell even further.

I'll meet you half way and say that it should lower cast time, and 50% total mana.
And if the caster doesn't have that much mana when OH SHIT happens? You're also forgetting that evac is far from perfect in that it can and does sometimes leave people behind. It also still takes 9 seconds to cast and in an OH SHIT moment 9 seconds is an eternity.

This is an abortion of a thread and the vast majority of these ideas are rubbish.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Minor change that would supply some amusement: Make the bladed thulian claw dual-wieldable!

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Minor change that would supply some amusement: Make the bladed thulian claw dual-wieldable!
To piggy back off of that... I would add a new race that takes on the aspects of Goro from Mortal Kombat. At that point, he could quad the claws.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked everything after Velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AA's, the raids, the zones (Vex Thal, seru, ssra omg), etc. I had 386 days played in between Velious and Omens of War expansions.
Agree, altho I quit after PoP... RZTW was a hell of a fight, prenerf...

I'd bring back the original tutorial level! 100% better than the "new" tutorial area SOE put in later.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Oh, and I'd remove all the nonsensical Exp penalties. (some of them do make sense)
Old 06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braelyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of us on these boards love EQ (and project1999), otherwise we wouldn't be here, but if you had to choose just one about EQ that you could change, what would it be?

For me, it's obvious: Allow pvp players to be healed and buffed by pve players in their own groups I've never understood this rule, and I wish something could be done about it.
Any chance of this happening in Project 1999?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Orc

remove the /who command
Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

I would do a memory blur IRL to all the players that currently play and start all over from scratch, so that no one would remember anything about EQ and would have to discover it all over again.

The nostaligia on p99 is awesome, but it still pales in comparison to what it was the first time around, when no one knew anything about drops, quests, zones, and every day was a new discovery!

cheers

Astuce Subterfuge
Bard of the 50th Song
Sapientia
Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

I would give melee a SHITLOAD more disciplines. When soe first started doing the disc revamp there were a lot of new discs that relied on player reaction, mob dodges a few abilities open up.

This was never implemented, why I'm not sure, however I would LOVE to see melees with more to do than just taunt, or backstab, or flying kick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Closed Thread