You must be off your meds today, kid.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

George Santayana
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

i cant stand macken, never could...

but i 99.99% agree with him, you cant make rules and not enforce them and you think you guys have shit to deal with on p99 end game drama, it will be a fucking cake walk compared to the clusterfuck of a mess pvp drama is/will be

now, that said i think if you make VERY FEW and SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE rules that can be enforced EASILY and are CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR how they will be enforced and fucking enforce them, you wont have any problems

case in point, i am totally for a rule: no training or perma ban on account, because training has to be the single most fucked up pvp strat ever on pvp server (you obviously cant kill whoever you trained)

its simple, GM witness or crystal clear fraps and if you get a proxy train you simply must die or face the possibility of a ban yourself, its not rocket science

so many rules are just useless, ITS PVP EXPECT TO DIE on corpse run, at bind, people being total dicks to you etc etc you cant expect to police that shit sorry
Last edited by Nyrod; 08-22-2011 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: 3x bolded for emphasis fuk ya
Old 08-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

phyre fighting for his right to party
Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Orc

Macken = Phyre = Nova's brother? Or did he just play Phyre on occasion?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must grab opportunity before it's too late to speak.

Not gonna sugarcoat. Not gonna apologize for the truth.

Let me first state, that relatively speaking, the staff on all emu pvp servers I've played are phenomenal.

From a point of perfection, they are horribly flawed.

I can't program. I had to have help to intall and play VZTZ. I made the mistake of thinking anyone who could program EQ and would launch a pvp server, would obviously know more about pvp dynamics than me.

Boy was I wrong.

It really scares me that the people in charge don't already know that rules are an extremely bad idea. Your "fix" causes so many other problems, you would be wiser to leave it be.

The fact that you are even asking about it, means you don't already know better. PvP rules were implemented on VZTZ against my advice. I had already experienced free trade pvp on SZ and already knew what works and what doesn't. They didn't listen. But they eventually learned. PvP rules were rescinded.

It's one thing to have to fail after being told already, then have to listen to them say "i told you so". It's altogether a different story to hear "i told you so" and still do it again. That denotes a lack of intelligence, memory, or learning capacity.

Everyone should be really scared right now for the long term viability of red99.

You will kill the pop before you even start if you are not careful. I could really go in depth here, but not trying to put everyone asleep, just a few of you.

Rules will set the average GM attrition rate to astronomical levels. If you make 1 rule -- just ONE rule... and you will need to make a separate forum section just for GM favoritism threads. Nilbog will have to hire a secretary just to keep up with moderation. Every ruling will require a judge. Every judge will become the newest forum punching bag and target of discontent. You think you are worried about new players reading negative comments now? Hope you have alot of staff applications on hand. You will run through them in 6 months....if server lasts that long. It might help if you go ahead and advertise in USA TODAY for babysitters. They would probably be more qualified for this job than the GMs.

Trim the fat. Put your resources into hack prevention. If you were able to control just that one area, you will have progammed a better eq pvp server than has ever been made... including live.

If you want to make 1 rule about training, I would welcome that from a population point of view. But if you make that one rule about trains, I will not be surprised if you wish you hadn't in 6 months.

Listen to me now, or believe me later.

You have been warned.

Again.

P.S. To staff, needing help mitigating the trolling: The above post was carefully worded to elicit an emotional response for a desired outcome. If you are angry at the above post, and it motivates you to do the wise thing, then despite your anger, you are qualified to be in your position and should be proud.

Conversely, if you are angry and it paralizes or prevents you from doing the wise thing, (searyx effect) then you are not qualified for your position and would do yourself and everyone else a favor by resigning now, and come try to kill me on new server instead. That is, if i am allowed to play seeing as how i just spoke truth to power.

TLDR: Free Trade PvP is the only way.
Macken speaks the truth!

On the last box a Veteran in the PVP world trained the shit out of Searyx and I hardly ever saw him afterwards. It wasn't pretty.

But on the other hand from recent previous posts Searyx supports not making rules against training.

So there you have it.

The only reason I would be against training is there is a nerd out there without job, without BJs, without Life...who will train myself and others until I have to go to bed. And that's just not healthy. For me anyways.

BTW Knuckled trained Searyx and it was hilarious. But I wept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Banned

Legend has it that it was just you and a few others on VZTZ.

I played all the rest of the characters.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Banned

No pvp level limits in raid zones for starters
Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Banned

SZ rules complete with leaderboard minus trains = $
Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Macken speaks the truth!

On the last box a Veteran in the PVP world trained the shit out of Searyx and I hardly ever saw him afterwards. It wasn't pretty.

But on the other hand from recent previous posts Searyx supports not making rules against training.

So there you have it.

The only reason I would be against training is there is a nerd out there without job, without BJs, without Life...who will train myself and others until I have to go to bed. And that's just not healthy. For me anyways.

BTW Knuckled trained Searyx and it was hilarious. But I wept.
Uh, I kept playing pal - you got this the other way around. Kaybee and I just went back there and naked-trained them in response, and (surprise), there was no more training from either side after that.

Knuckle managed to get himself killed in PoFear and quit logging in entirely. Sanlaven and I went something like 9392-1 against him, although I will say this is largely due in part to the fact that you could crit for 2k damage with a Wizard on that server.

I made a post about training/rules, and I've already used plenty of superlatives in trying to describe the gravity that is trying to cover just that one rule on a red server. I would understand and play regardless of whether they choose to do this or not, as both options come with baggage.

no rules = worse player experience, potential negative player pop impact (happened on VZTZ. Swedish guild left server entirely)

training rule = high drama/controversy, hard on staff (lots of effort and time)
Closed Thread