Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-02-2022, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't like watermelon you've obv never spent a day in a muggy Alabama summer. That stuff literally brings you back to life.
ohh yeah, and if you don't eat it cold you don't know what you're doing.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:12 PM
Banned

Ya I really hate fruit. Force myself to eat prunes, strawberries and stuff to try and get a serving in. Diced and cooked into something is tolerable.

My mom has gone through whole watermelons by herself.

I also really hate chilled or iced food and drinks. And I don't mind a balmy 89F 70% humidity.

I do like grape PB&J though.
Last edited by starkind; 05-02-2022 at 08:15 PM..
Old 05-03-2022, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

I just learned my research project due in about 12 hours is a pppowerpoint instead of a paper. I like writing and I'm good at it, but it's sooo hard for me to get started. Like looking at project for first time on day it's due hard. It might not have happened because I have impossible standards for my essays, none of which I have for pppowerpoints. This is doable.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

https://harmreductionjournal.biomedc...954-018-0232-z
Old 05-03-2022, 06:02 PM
Banned

Atefruit today. Made funny faces the whole time. Later liver patte was my reward.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:11 PM
Banned

It's Tuesday. Tuesday is Sex and Salmon night.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Break a leg, wishing u much success and happy times! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually got rejected after first date, a first for me in life. I’ve always been the one usually to reject the gal, which I’ll do by just not responding to messages after the date. I’ve heard from family that it’s more polite to at least let them know you weren’t feeling a connection, but I didn’t want to deal with possible arguments or negative statements so I tend to just ghost

I can identify I think where things went wrong. I picked a Christian gal but didn’t realize HOW Christian (Bible study, church and church group). She knew I was Christian but that my attendance was generally bad. Early on in the date I mentioned that I had tried Bible study and just didn’t like it, so didn’t keep going. After this, her entire demeanor changed. She became a lot more wooden, and quite boring

For example, I would ask her about her family and get only a short answer with no follow up. I would ask her about work and get “I don’t like talking about work when not at work”. Stuff like that. She wasn’t cold, and still asked me questions and appeared to have some interest in my responses, but definitely seemed to have made her mind up

Because she was by far the most athletic girl I had met from online, I was still willing to give it a second chance. But when I mentioned being willing to see her again she replied that she just wasn’t feeling a connection and wished me the best. I replied “no worries, u as well!” And that was that. All it cost me was a cup of coffee and an hour of my time. I don’t feel bad, I don’t think I made any obvious mistakes and while I am Christian, I am not going to lie or exaggerate my level of faith in order to try to appease someone. The only criticism I did have of her, is that me personally, even if I wasn’t feeling the person, I would still be a bit more personable and engaging out of politeness

But no bother, already have 3 other conversations going with other gals, 2 on bumble and 1 on match [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2022, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Don’t ghost people man, I didn’t grow up in the era when that was common but it just sounds shitty

As for the date being weird, good riddance. Honestly, she sounds kind of fake
Old 05-03-2022, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t ghost people man, I didn’t grow up in the era when that was common but it just sounds shitty

As for the date being weird, good riddance. Honestly, she sounds kind of fake
The alternative to ghosting is to do what she did and say “I just didn’t feel a connection, sorry”

Trust me when I say this, I am by far an outlier in how people will process and accept that statement. My response of “no worries, u as well!” is what everyone hopes for but few will get, trust me. A lot, and I mean a lot, of people will get defensive when rejected. They will either ask for what they did wrong as ammunition to argue it, or say something negative back like “well I didn’t like you either, you’re ugly” or something to salvage wounded pride

It’s a nice thing to do but it does not tend to play out nice. I’m a generally non-confrontational person so I would prefer to just avoid it

What I don’t do is flippantly ghost people. If someone tries a joke online with me that doesn’t land, that won’t be a dealbreaker for me. I’ll continue to give them a chance and meet just about everyone I start a conversation with. So I am far less judgemental than most
Old 05-04-2022, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

I still think honesty is the best policy, but good luck on your dates buddy