Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Banned

Default Bannings and why it doesn't work

Indiscriminate banning does not work, you can ban people all day til your hands bleed from the sheer amount of clicking but all it takes is a new email account and a proxy and you've defeated the ban.

The only option to stop trolls is to lock down and or close registration which sterilizes and isolates the community causing it to whither, or you can continuously ban and escalate the problem by feeding the trolls into personal attacks , DDOSing, duping, exploiting and griefing.

In the end no matter the course you take you continuously lose because if someone wants to cause havoc bad enough they will regardless at what you throw at them, and you're slowly going down hill because the project and server becomes stagnant with bullshit.

I've been banned well over 50+ times IP and account bans on all counts in-game, IRC and here on the forums and guess what? I'm still here. I have rhyme and reason for why I do what I do and that's because I do not like the rules on raiding, I don't like the rules on player relations and I consider them carebear, because hundreds of people get banned for playing how they want to play.

I suggest a new solution? a new player policy, a new forum policy and a new way GM's to handle petitions and player relations because obviously the current draconian method does not work.