Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Is that any sort of sequel/prequel to saga frontier? The lettering looks similar.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just saw a trailer for the last of us like yesterday and its already on someones most hated lol

I like zombie games, well I like the idea of them i suppose, and was hoping this would be a vita import. Maybe ill just wait for Walking dead S4 for my zombie fix )
Don't get me wrong, you should still play it - it's an enjoyable game, it's just some nitpicky stuff that pisses me off, because everyone was claiming how polished it was.

At the very least, play it for the storyline
Old 07-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that any sort of sequel/prequel to saga frontier? The lettering looks similar.
Yeah, it's in the SaGa franchise. It was super-innovative and remarkably strange, but it just sucked so, so bad. It was also notoriously difficult, to the point of making it not enjoyable. I love gamble-oriented characters and the reel system (what most of the game mechanics are built upon), but it also failed. It's usually found on "Worst Games of All Time" lists.

It was almost universally panned as a total failure ;___;
Old 07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Too bad, I liked the first one a lot. I don't know why the battle system was crappy imo but i liked the story and graphics a lot. I never got to play 2 even though it looked amazing.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Aviak

Also, while I'm at it:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also wanted to like this game (FOR OBVIOUS REASONS LOL), but it sucked bad.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't seen a half decent rpg on any of the new consoles. ps3 xbox wii.

I dont know why..even the ones i tried and looked good just didnt feel like an rpg.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I haven't seen a half decent rpg on any of the new consoles. ps3 xbox wii.

I dont know why..even the ones i tried and looked good just didnt feel like an rpg.
Yeah, classic turn-based, menu-oriented RPG's just aren't really made anymore. Every RPG now has to have some revolutionary innovation to the system.

So, so sad. Give me the predictable menus and ATB any day, as long as the story is good. I think developers lost sight of why people play RPG's to begin with.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

exactly, they are implementing mmo gamestyle into rpg's and it doesnt work. Maybe there are just no good story tellers left in the gaming industry, theyve been pushed aside by programmers that like shiny graphics and cool combo moves.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
exactly, they are implementing mmo gamestyle into rpg's and it doesnt work. Maybe there are just no good story tellers left in the gaming industry, theyve been pushed aside by programmers that like shiny graphics and cool combo moves.
Yeah, I think the MMO comparisons ring true. Reminds me of FFXII. Awesome art direction/graphics, HORRIBLE STORY, CHARACTERS, AND BATTLE SYSTEM.

Holy crap, it was exactly like playing an MMORPG. "Hey I'm controlling this one person in an action RPG and the rest of my party is run by AI. Check out this minimap-- just like WoW! THIS IS FUUUUUUN." Good God, I got bored with that system so fucking quickly.

Plus, they never even really developed the characters at all. Every single time you'd zone into a new area or travel somewhere, there were ample opportunities to have characters talk to eachother, cut scenes, deepening of character backstories, motives, etc. But they just didn't do it. They went 100% pure "pseudo-political intrigue" story, which virtually every other Final Fantasy did while ALSO developing deep characters with complex motives and desires. Overall, I'd say that FFXII was almost as much of a disappointment as FFXIII. Needless to say, Square-Enix doesn't make good games anymore imho.
Closed Thread