Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-13-2024, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well i mean theoretically yes

with enough clerics any class can survive AoW

it would make a good youtube video
I did look into this a bit deeper, as I was wondering if AoW does two attack rounds in quick succession, or one round. Originally I had thought Flurry was only one extra attack per trigger. So a double attack could get two flurry procs for a total of 4 hits, and when AoW does 8 hits within a second, you could CH between the two attack rounds. Since CH chains are normally one second, tanks getting one shot would be caused by the CH chain interval, not because it was impossible to heal between attack rounds.

But this was wrong, at least for P99.

It looks like AoW can do at least 7 hits in one round via flurry, so the issue is lower HP classes would get one shot. That is up to 8000 damage in a single attack. A cloth caster can get up to 5000ish HP if they have all the best HP items in slot, 255 STA, FoS, Aego, and Divine strength. With a Rune V chain they could survive a 5 hit flurry at best.

I don't think a Divine Intervention chain would work either if the wiki is correct. It says you need to be between 1 and 15% health for it to proc, so going from 100 to 0 wouldn't trigger it if that's correct.

But with enough DPS you might be able to kill him so fast he doesn't get a 6+ hit Flurry. I haven't looked through enough logs to see how often he does a 6+ flurry hit.

Toxigen didn't give any in-depth analysis into the situation, he just said "you're wrong" and assumed that was enough evidence. We don't even know if he actually knew the details about AoW flurry before he said this. Maybe he learned something new too.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-13-2024 at 02:29 PM..
Old 06-13-2024, 02:22 PM
Banned

i do remember back in the day that folks did have ench tank aow just for funs

but that would have also been luclin era
Old 06-13-2024, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3x ench + 1 cleric
touche lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2024, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Toxigen didn't give any in-depth analysis into the situation, he just said "you're wrong" and assumed that was enough evidence. We don't even know if he actually knew the details about AoW flurry before he said this. Maybe he learned something new too.
I don't need in depth analysis you fucking twat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't need in depth analysis you fucking twat.
See? For all we know Toxigen just randomly says stuff, hopes it's correct, and then attacks everybody to make it seem like he is correct. He certainly does the attacking part, and he has been wrong in the past.

He needs to back up his claims with more than insults if people are going to take him seriously. This is especially true since he is a confirmed troll now. Just look at his signature.
Old 06-14-2024, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and he has been wrong in the past.
wrong again my beautiful sperg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

I still think that assuming the presence/utility of another class by just saying you’re pocketing them is not following the spirit of the question. If you can pocket rez or coth you can pocket TL or malo too, the most objective thing would be to limit your available tools to exclusively the classes you picked
Old 06-14-2024, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still think that assuming the presence/utility of another class by just saying you’re pocketing them is not following the spirit of the question. If you can pocket rez or coth you can pocket TL or malo too, the most objective thing would be to limit your available tools to exclusively the classes you picked
I am just looking at the reality of P99. Plenty of pocket Clerics, Mages, Druids, and Wizards already exist. Making guild bots has been a thing for many years.

Clerics, Mages, Druids, and Wizards can provide most of their major utility before level 60 and without expensive gear/spells.

There aren't a lot of new people coming to the server either, so unless some random asshole deletes a guild bot, these pocket characters aren't going anywhere.

The most powerful four player caster groups are already powerful enough to steamroll the content they are fighting all the way up to 60. Having an arbitrary rule about no pocket characters isn't going to make your experience challenging in any way.

If you want a challenging group, you wouldn't be picking four strong casters.

OP has also never specifically stated they were against pocket characters, nor was it in either his original post or the title of the thread. It's fair game.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-14-2024 at 10:52 PM..
Old 06-15-2024, 04:32 AM
Fire Giant

Well it’s just not really creative to look at it this way. Instead of following the restrictions you just add in more classes and handwave it away with Air Bud tier reasoning.
Old 06-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it’s just not really creative to look at it this way. Instead of following the restrictions you just add in more classes and handwave it away with Air Bud tier reasoning.
Can you point to where OP says "No pocket characters?". It's not in the title of the thread, the initial post, or any of the replies OP gave.

I don't think you have the right to make up a restriction and enforce it as if it were part of OP's question.

That would be like saying " There is a restriction of no charming allowed while playing". OP never said this, but for some reason you want this as a restriction, so you just tell people it is a restriction of this thread.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-15-2024 at 10:14 AM..