Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-19-2024, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

it's not just faction, but a lot of quests work with indifferent faction as well, the big one being turning in dain's head to KT which is a huge hassle if you're not intending to be giant factioned (I'm currently on this annoying grind)

you can also use sneak together with FD for trickery and shenanigans, though shaman only gets 2 FD charges so it wouldn't be as good. it would work for a necro or SK though.

IMO gnome vision is an actual racial perk that matters and racial sneak kind of is, but it's more just a really nice convenience that you can't get another way. regen is nice on melees since it stacks with fungi (not impacted by the worn regen cap) and I guess on necros without a vp staff. everything else is whatever. on a fresh server, big races have a huge stat advantage for martial classes, like at green launch the adage was 'if it can be an ogre, pick ogre', but that was because ogres start with twice the strength of other races in an era with +3 str items.
Last edited by fortior; 01-19-2024 at 11:31 PM..
Old 01-19-2024, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not just faction, but a lot of quests work with indifferent faction as well, the big one being turning in dain's head to KT which is a huge hassle if you're not intending to be giant factioned (I'm currently on this annoying grind)

you can also use sneak together with FD for trickery and shenanigans, though shaman only gets 2 FD charges so it wouldn't be as good. it would work for a necro or SK though.
Agreed! being able to do any quest that requires indiff or lower is awesome. And I do wish Shaman FD ring has more charges.