Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Most people hate the over use of the word 'toxic'.

I find it useful because it lets me know when to stop reading.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftharted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ghetto-ooc-auction my wares while im off practicing.
How does Swish put it... Not classic.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftharted
As much of a nostalgia overload running through the WC tunnel on blue server was;
Refuse to listen to any opinion from someone who doesn't know what zone the tunnel is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo
Example: Newbie1 is camping his alligator tooth earrings in the Qeynos catacombs. Newbie2 needs these earrings! On blue: Newbie2 watches his rats die and watches Newbie1 loot the earrings. On red: Newbie2 slays Newbie1, takes the camp, takes the earrings, and loots whatever coin Newbie1 had.
This is always Red's argument. But it could easily happen the opposite way. Newbie1 slays Newbie2, keeps the camp, takes the earrings, and loot whatever coin Newbie2 had. This solves nothing for Newbie2, in fact it makes it worse. Instead of not being able to camp the earrings, he now has to do a cr and lost all his cash.

But OP was probably posting to all the new players we have had recently. You should try both servers and see which one you like. I prefer Blue, obviously others prefer Red.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Order Through Chaos) Looking to bring something together, through the chaos that is this server. A new crew, with some re-rolls, looking to progress together, and find static groups within the guild to build a solid foundation.
didnt realize this was your new forum account, although the avatar and sig shoulda been a giveaway

did your old one get banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is always Red's argument. But it could easily happen the opposite way. Newbie1 slays Newbie2, keeps the camp, takes the earrings, and loot whatever coin Newbie2 had. This solves nothing for Newbie2, in fact it makes it worse. Instead of not being able to camp the earrings, he now has to do a cr and lost all his cash.

But OP was probably posting to all the new players we have had recently. You should try both servers and see which one you like. I prefer Blue, obviously others prefer Red.
^lotta sense in this post, the contest camps argument has never been great, and is even worse for +/-4

the end game argument is much better, but like you said, is a preference thing
Last edited by Wrench; 05-19-2015 at 12:42 PM..
Old 05-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Played both. Red simply way more fun. The high pop zones like Mistmoore and Unrest aren't always bad. Some ganking by twinks, but I've been hanging in MM on tune 1 for a week now and been ganked only once.

The tension from PvP deeply enhances immersion and sense of adventure when you are alone in South Karana and a ranger pops into zone.

Exp bonus is also amazing. Red just feels good.

OOC not very distracting at all unless you keep your eyes glued to it.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Customary to state inb4 lock/RnF.

Played PvP MUDs in the 90s (predominantly GodWars - character was DanaScully) inc DikuMUDS, whose template EQ used. I do not enjoy PvP which is predominantly gear and level based - Guild Wars does this so much better.

If I wanted to play PvP, I'd play a predominantly skill-based MMO. I considered DarkFall for quite some time but never played. I did sub to Eve 3 or 4 times over the years, but never quite got into the game. However, if you enjoy EQs brand of PvP, more power to you.

That said, Red's population is way too low for me to contemplate. As for Orc 1 being perma camped, there are other Orc camps / zones. Besides, when Velious releases, everyone will jump straight back on their Mains, and there will be more space on Antonica.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 05-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

Red is great! LOVE the XP bonus and the additional excitement/fear of PVP interaction. You really can't top the feels generated after slaying your enemies IMO.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Played PvP MUDs in the 90s (predominantly GodWars - character was DanaScully) inc DikuMUDS, whose template EQ used. I do not enjoy PvP which is predominantly gear and level based - Guild Wars does this so much better.

If I wanted to play PvP, I'd play a predominantly skill-based MMO. I considered DarkFall for quite some time but never played. I did sub to Eve 3 or 4 times over the years, but never quite got into the game. However, if you enjoy EQs brand of PvP, more power to you.

That said, Red's population is way too low for me to contemplate. As for Orc 1 being perma camped, there are other Orc camps / zones. Besides, when Velious releases, everyone will jump straight back on their Mains, and there will be more space on Antonica.

I rarely have trouble finding groups, if that's what you mean. And I think it's wrong to think that playing on a PvP server is only appropriate for those who want hardcore PvP. It simply introduces a more exciting flavor and mystique that for me is immersive - a better replication of classic EQ.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Refuse to listen to any opinion from someone who doesn't know what zone the tunnel is in.
Heh, yea, you got me... my bad. but you don't gotta get all junior high English teacher about it. 8P Plus im forum-trolling while at work.. which you probably are too... and if you aren't, then your at home sulking, probably playing EQ, all while forum-trolling. That's worse.

heh, but yea, all in good fun. I did totally newb that typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well said. I agree; velious will help SOME, but not enough. and, I want to see velious too, which means once its released, the flood of Blue will infest all velious zones, all level ranges. So, GL =p

and every orc camp is perma camped, even the WC ones, especially at peak hours, which is my usual playtime. But hey, that's just my taste, im not trying to sway anyone left or right, just saying I actually enjoy the low pop.

my 2cp.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Can Chanters - assuming player MR<100 - Mez, Tash, Charm, Order player fight Hags in Unrest Basement, / stand in lava in Sol A, bitch!?

I did take part in a one-off PvP event in EK on live (I joined the evil side as a lapsed HE Chanter) and managed to avoid being ganked by a high-level Warrior (thanks to invis), killed a player via Mez, Charm, forcing him to drown in the river, then got 1-shotted by a 900 point Ice Ball to the head via a Wizard whom I didn't see in a hut.

I did enjoy the event due to a lack of trash talk, and players playing with good grace - whilst trying to kill the other team.

Addendum: I would be potentially interested. However, my major concern is that, right now, we have over 1k on Blue; 171 on Red. I came back to EQ as much for the community as for the game. The severe lack of players on Red is a major turn-off for me.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Last edited by Riotgirl; 05-19-2015 at 01:48 PM..
Closed Thread