Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-24-2013, 01:34 AM
Kobold

Could we get a response on this, nilbog? Should we be looking for more info on how prox aggro should work? Seems pretty clear that you should be added to the hate list if you're in prox aggro range of an engaged mob.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proof PCs should be added to the hate list by simply being in proximity aggro range without attacking the mob or assisting PCs fighting the mob.
Quote:
------------------------------
January 31, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

--- We've also re-evaluated ways that players have to reduce their own
hate. While spells in place to allow this are OK, the Evade skill
(possessed by rogues) let them out of their damage too easily. A rogue
that successfully evaded would immediately drop to a level of hate
lower than someone who was in the awareness range, but hadn't done
anything to really upset the creature such as damage it or heal its
foe. This problem was exacerbated by the increase of the size of the
hate list implemented with Velious.

This is how it is now on p99 correct? I've seen rogues "train" other players with their evade. Players just standing there or being pvp'ed by said rogue.

As for prox agro in general, some recent research and work has went into it. It does not work exactly as stated in this thread, but similar.

I've yet to see proof that mobs, that are agro on a PC, will add other innocent bystanders to their hate list that have not triggered that mobs specific close range proximity agro check. (if that particular NPC even has proximity, or as some say "undead" agro checks) edit: without a temporary hate clearing skill like FD, Evade, DA, etc being used that is.
Last edited by Sundawg; 06-24-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Prox aggro doesn't exist on red99, if someone ran a train by you on live it would come back for you when it was done, here unless you do something to get on the aggro table you can hug the mob that's on someone and never have aggro
Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prox aggro doesn't exist on red99, if someone ran a train by you on live it would come back for you when it was done, here unless you do something to get on the aggro table you can hug the mob that's on someone and never have aggro
If you run a specter or sandgiant train past someone on EQmac, unless you ran it over them and in which case the mobs would stop and start attacking that person, its not coming back to that player after you zone the train.

I.E. you are not added to the hate list of said mobs unless you trigger its close range prox/undead agro which manifests itself in an instant attack by said npcs.

You can even pause your train and tank it in front of the innocent bystanders, its not coming back to find them unless they themselves got closer to the NPCs then you did, triggering the proximity/undead agro "ability".

I'm aware that its not working atm on p99, the issue with rogues and evade is another story/situation.

Does the above sound right to everyone?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

I always recall if a train in guk for example ran by you having to camp out because it meant you were added to the list anyone else?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
VIP / Contributor

My tests show that the undead frogs in lguk do not even have what we are calling "undead/prox" agro.

I could sit down a low level PC between the legs of an undead frog (that was already agro on another PC) then go train the frog out and it never came back for the PC that had a nice long sit down on its model.

Old EQ was filled with a lot of mystery and people created taboos and rituals while playing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Camping out" after anything trained past you while you sat there watching might be another one.

But we want to get it right, so anyone with conflicting evidence please stand up.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

I got suspended multiple times for training people on deadside in guk with my gnome wizard
Old 06-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

the only case i saw proximity aggro on blue, was when i was low life and a train passing by instantly aggros.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Hi Sundawg,

My posting of those patch notes wasn't to highlight rogue evade problems but rather to show that it should be possible to be added to of an engaged mob simply by being in proximity range. You say that is enabled on this server but it doesn't appear to work unless you are only talking about the specific undead mobs that were previously adjusted. What I am referring to is a separate issue and should apply to all mobs not just undead. An engaged mob should add any KOS PC or NPC to its hate list if they are within prox aggro range. It shouldn't necessarily snap aggro unless the added person is doing something that makes them higher on the hate list than the engaged person (sitting, attacking an ally, etc).
Old 06-24-2013, 05:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Regarding rogues: Have a rogue friend of yours (on p99) train you with a mob and have him evade by you, the mob will jump on you. But that has nothing to do with true "undead/prox" agro and more to do with rogue evade working like a mini/temporary FD here. I brought that up just to point out that it seems to be working as intended atm on p99, and inline with those patch notes.

But back to the topic:

So far "my" testing shows undead agro to work like I've described a few posts up, on EQmac that is.

See what I am saying now?