Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Default Butcher Block

Greetings,

I've just recently found this server and have to commend you guys on providing this for us.

In an attempt to maintain original EQ accuracy, I'd like to inform you that I've found two significant problems with the dwarven starting area.

1) Spawn rates seem too fast and too often. As a low level dwarf I can be fighting a goblin for example, and be attacked by 3 others before it is dead. These spawns can continue and keep me in combat until I'm forced to run. This seems unrealistic to me compared to original EQ.

2) Krag chicks are quite clearly "KoS" on this server however that was not the case in original EQ. People seem to disagree with me on this, however I can distinctly remember that as a dwarf, you started at dubious to the krag faction. It was always very debatable if you wanted to start killing them as they were higher level and good xp, but after about 3 kills you'd turn KoS and have to deal with those risks.

I appreciate the hard work I've seen put into this community so far and hope that this feedback is well-received.

-Ruinous
Cleric of Brell Serilis
Old 05-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings,

I've just recently found this server and have to commend you guys on providing this for us.

In an attempt to maintain original EQ accuracy, I'd like to inform you that I've found two significant problems with the dwarven starting area.

1) Spawn rates seem too fast and too often. As a low level dwarf I can be fighting a goblin for example, and be attacked by 3 others before it is dead. These spawns can continue and keep me in combat until I'm forced to run. This seems unrealistic to me compared to original EQ.

2) Krag chicks are quite clearly "KoS" on this server however that was not the case in original EQ. People seem to disagree with me on this, however I can distinctly remember that as a dwarf, you started at dubious to the krag faction. It was always very debatable if you wanted to start killing them as they were higher level and good xp, but after about 3 kills you'd turn KoS and have to deal with those risks.

I appreciate the hard work I've seen put into this community so far and hope that this feedback is well-received.

-Ruinous
Cleric of Brell Serilis
bump.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

Figured I would also add that the orc runner spawning in the dwarf newbie area right in front of Kaladim is incorrect. He originally spawned near the gfay zone line, ran around past chessboard and towards xroads.

He's level 6-9 as I recall.... not exactally the type of mob you want in your newbie starting area.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
1) Spawn rates seem too fast and too often.
Spawns are about 6 mins each. Most are slightly higher. Are you sure its not just npcs pathing over you? Like, are you pulling an npc back to a wall, or just fighting in the open?

I'm not sure about the Krag chicks. I did a little reading, but never played a dwarf, wood elf, or high elf :P I'll leave this to other people. Here's some links. The best I could ascertain is that they should be indifferent until killing. For which race, I am uncertain.

http://web.archive.org/web/200111221...=show&BID=2747
http://web.archive.org/web/200105220...how&BID=199690
http://web.archive.org/web/200112250...show&BID=59221
http://web.archive.org/web/200111221...how&BID=407423
Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
It was always very debatable if you wanted to start killing them as they were higher level and good xp, but after about 3 kills you'd turn KoS and have to deal with those risks.
I can vouch for this portion as I feel this statement is accurate. All I ever played was Dwarves and I seem to recall this being the case as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
<nilbog> giant ass approved
Old 05-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Figured I would also add that the orc runner spawning in the dwarf newbie area right in front of Kaladim is incorrect. He originally spawned near the gfay zone line, ran around past chessboard and towards xroads.

He's level 6-9 as I recall.... not exactally the type of mob you want in your newbie starting area.
Fixed, pending update
Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Excellent that this is getting fixed. Thanks, Nilbog!

If it's any kind of help: I remember selling things at xroads quite often on live, standing there for hours at a time, and seeing the Runner get repeatedly slaughtered by Nyzil Bloodforge and friends. It was pretty much the end of his journey 95% of the time. The other 5% when he'd actually sneak by was when that gang of guards would be busy slaughtering something else. If he managed to get by, he'd run all the way to the Butcherblock newbie area, but it was rare that this happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
<nilbog> giant ass approved
Old 05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Krags were indifferent to most good races I believe. They were non-kos to high-elf, half-elf, and gnome for sure. I never leveled an evil race in BB before though?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

I don't ever remember being KOS to Krags either unless you started killing them. I didn't do too many dwarves, but I'm fairly certain neither high elves nor wood elves are KOS to them.

Speaking of Butcherblock, where are the Emerald Drakes? I remember these things from the very beginning (I started on Jan 1, 2000), and were taken out sometime later, though I have no idea when. As I recall, they were around the same levels as the basilisks and the big scarabs, like 6-8 or so.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't ever remember being KOS to Krags either unless you started killing them. I didn't do too many dwarves, but I'm fairly certain neither high elves nor wood elves are KOS to them.

Speaking of Butcherblock, where are the Emerald Drakes? I remember these things from the very beginning (I started on Jan 1, 2000), and were taken out sometime later, though I have no idea when. As I recall, they were around the same levels as the basilisks and the big scarabs, like 6-8 or so.
You didn't read last weeks patch message, did you?

Quote:
Emerald Drakes now roam the hills once more
Closed Thread