Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-05-2022, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Parties did flip I was Muslim but now y’all are taliban ouch
Old 05-05-2022, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree man, we judge drug addicts and alcoholics but we do nothing to treat them. You can’t even hold a drug addict at a hospital against their will if they are alert and oriented and not professing suicidal ideation. It took years for me and my nephew (before he gave up) to get my brother in law into even some kind of treatment for prescription opioids. By that time he had lost everything

You literally have to sober up for 5 minutes and know your name, location, month, who the president is and say I’m not suicidal and they let you on your merry way to go hop behind the wheel with a handful of pills or whatever else, etc

We absolutely don’t care at all about addicts or the mentally ill in America
No you are right. If someone wants to continue to use a drug until it kills them there is almost no way to stop it using the mental health system

This is why I have always been a proponent of forced involuntary drug treatment decided via “drug courts” (new programs some states have adopted). Drug courts basically give people two options: forced treatment in a rehab setting or jail/prison

This is also why the legal system is the only way to prevent or delay someone’s drug suicide. But then you’re putting them in a jail/prison setting which are terrible, so it all circles back to forced rehab being the best thing

“Why not just turn the other cheek? Someone can eat themselves to death whenever they want” In my opinion drugs like meth, heroin, alcohol are worse than food addiction because the chemical dependence in the brain is stronger and the physical withdrawal is infinitely worse (at least for alcohol and heroin)
Old 05-05-2022, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no I think they do that because they want attention because they are women.
Haha incel confirmed.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-05-2022, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no I think they do that because they want attention because they are women.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cringe.jpg (17.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-05-2022, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Lol’d
Old 05-05-2022, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you are right. If someone wants to continue to use a drug until it kills them there is almost no way to stop it using the mental health system

This is why I have always been a proponent of forced involuntary drug treatment decided via “drug courts” (new programs some states have adopted). Drug courts basically give people two options: forced treatment in a rehab setting or jail/prison

This is also why the legal system is the only way to prevent or delay someone’s drug suicide. But then you’re putting them in a jail/prison setting which are terrible, so it all circles back to forced rehab being the best thing

“Why not just turn the other cheek? Someone can eat themselves to death whenever they want” In my opinion drugs like meth, heroin, alcohol are worse than food addiction because the chemical dependence in the brain is stronger and the physical withdrawal is infinitely worse (at least for alcohol and heroin)
Can confirm, I live in one of the west coast cities that are just crippled by drugs and alcohol. I volunteered for the better part of two years helping at risk people learn computers and build their resumes.

At the time there was a tiered system where the benefits and help came with the persons progress through the system. First step was getting clean, and basic hygiene services are available with clean clothes ect. Next was help getting a job and housing. All coupled with drug treatment programs and learning.

Never really made any connections outside the computer lab, but I do know not many people made it past that point as they went back to drugs. All the tools were there and available for them to integrate back into society. I have talked with the homeless about where they can go to get help, and then see the same person holding a different sign on the same corner at the same time different day.

What more can you do?

Its a terrible plague and affliction on the cities and individuals by all metrics.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 05-05-2022, 08:12 PM
Banned

I think drug rehab is nice and all.

We should devote more resources to helping the homeless and sick who are clean tho. Ppl do more for drug addicts this day and age than anyone else.

And that addiction is a choice and personality decision. The rehab should be there for people willing to work for it and make the right course. It shouldn't be there for the people who are just going to kill themselves anyway. We should let it run its course in a safish nicesh quick way where the damage these people cause is mitigated.

Maybe one day we will have the resources to save or areas put every addict in a good place.

Right now tho 99% of yall can't even run CPS right or care for wounded vets who ain't on drugs.

And yes pot alcohol and cigarettes a drug. All as bad as crack. They all create serious suffering. And no im not saying to ban them. Some like alcohol are necessary in measured uses for survival and food preservation and safe drinking when the pumps turn off. Shit like that.

Once you let yourself get to a certain point tho. Weight wise. Health wise. It's time to get read your rights or shown the down escalator. Told you have one slim chance. We aren't dumping a million dollars into a fraudulent rehab govpork fund for you tho.

If people lack integrity. It's unlikely they'll ever acquire it. We should stop exploiting them socially and economically tho. And it's time for them to literally meet G-d.

Drug addicts literally get way better treatment than rape victims or schizos or domestic violence victims here. Where I live. Because "its such a big problem " and it's super trendy to help perpetual druggos on welfare 20 years. And I honestly believe ppl get some cheap labor from them because that's all their cut out for. So there's a ton of grift in both the drug and rehab trades.

Policing too.
Last edited by starkind; 05-05-2022 at 08:21 PM..
Old 05-05-2022, 08:39 PM
Banned

I mean you don't give an alcoholic with liver cirrhosis a liver transplant. It should be illegal to do it for them for any amount of money too. Even if you can print livers at 1% of the GDP as needed or whatever. Or funding it with youtu.be likes.. Give them palliative care and a Bible. And if they OD on Fentanyl. Because they are obese and haven't gotten laid in 25 years of welfare. Well. That was their choice.

Giving ppl fentanyl that will OD on it does taint your soul too. The government shouldn't waste their time chasing devil doctors tho. They should spend their time making the game fair and going after corruption and manipulators. Keeping any group person or institution from amassing too much power and control or domination and influence. Gotta keep throwing those rings of power into the volcano of mordor.
Last edited by starkind; 05-05-2022 at 08:45 PM..
Old 05-05-2022, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm, I live in one of the west coast cities that are just crippled by drugs and alcohol. I volunteered for the better part of two years helping at risk people learn computers and build their resumes.

At the time there was a tiered system where the benefits and help came with the persons progress through the system. First step was getting clean, and basic hygiene services are available with clean clothes ect. Next was help getting a job and housing. All coupled with drug treatment programs and learning.

Never really made any connections outside the computer lab, but I do know not many people made it past that point as they went back to drugs. All the tools were there and available for them to integrate back into society. I have talked with the homeless about where they can go to get help, and then see the same person holding a different sign on the same corner at the same time different day.

What more can you do?

Its a terrible plague and affliction on the cities and individuals by all metrics.
But there’s a reason why we’re worse at it than Portugal. Good on you for volunteering. Helping my brother in law for literally 4.5 years drove me nuts so I can’t imagine helping randos off the street. I couldn’t do it. I’d honestly use force (violence) and prevent them from doing drugs. So like I said, couldn’t do it
Old 05-05-2022, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha incel confirmed.
If I say something to upset you and it does, that doesnt mean I am an incel.

But you're more clever and sexually active?

That is literally the persona of one.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-05-2022 at 09:37 PM..