Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Wizard, class questions, etc!

Hello,

I played up to Planes of Power and quit on LIVE many years ago, I had a level 60 Warrior & Shaman. I am new to Project 1999 and now leveling a Wizard. I thought a Wizard might be a good choice for me as I've never played a pure caster in EQ. I started playing last night and I'm almost level 10, I've got a few questions below that I hope some folks can help me with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What spells should I be looking forward to building my rotations or play around?
What items should I be looking for purchasing?
What quests should I be looking to completing?
I know J Boots are going to be a go-to item, when should I think about questing for them?

Thanks very much
Old 05-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Banned

Best thing you can do is save until you can afford jboots. I saved up and bought mine as soon as I could (which was lvl 25-ish) and it was the best investment ever. Then buy staff of temperate flux or quest it around 30-35 yourself. That is the second most helpful item you will get as a wizard.

Do your staff of the wheel quest (10 int staff) as soon as you can. I started/completed that around lvl 15.

Don't worry about buying INT gear until after lvl 25 or so. You won't need a huge manapool until you start quadding which is 29 or 34 ( I can't remember exactly). And by the time your 30-40 you will be able to earn enough plat to pay for all your gear, because, wizard gear is relatively cheap.

I don't know what you mean by, "What spells should I be looking forward to building my rotations or play around?". But I would just buy all the spells. Almost all of them have uses at one point or another.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for your response, I'll keep an eye on those first things. What I meant about what spells should I look forward, I would guess it would be whatever spells I use around 29 - 34 in order to quad!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Most of the AOE spells (if not all) are researched, so get saving those runes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://wiki.project1999.com/Spell_Re..._Spell_Recipes
Old 05-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Oh gourd.... I know nothing about research or specialization even. HALP!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Should I be saving most of my training points for these? Any recommendations? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-31-2014, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Save your training points for research. Easiest way to do it by far is just to use the training points. It gets expensive towards the end but you can fund it with porting.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Staff of Temperate Flux is necessary for pulling your quads. Circle of Force is your first quad spell. Pillar line is your post 50 line. Quad seafuries for money. Quad raptors for exp. Get Jboots and SOW pots to do the aforementioned easier.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of Temperate Flux is necessary for pulling your quads.
Totally not necessary, although it's a great item for quadding and for other purposes (e.g. aggro kiting and whatnot).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread