Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn’t speak of what ifs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes Covid could mutate to something more dangerous with the right viral recombination .
That is a "what if."

(edit) Just call a duck a duck, okay? Don't need the hyperbole. We were dealing with a moderate problem that was grossly mismanaged and became worse than what it needed to be. We were not dealing with a nation-destroying superplague. Calling it that only serves to make it more likely nobody will heed the warnings should such a superplague ever actually arise.
Last edited by Danth; 10-22-2022 at 02:52 AM..
Old 10-22-2022, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a "what if."

(edit) Just call a duck a duck, okay? Don't need the hyperbole. We were dealing with a moderate problem that was grossly mismanaged and became worse than what it needed to be. We were not dealing with a nation-destroying superplague. Calling it that only serves to make it more likely nobody will heed the warnings should such a superplague ever actually arise.
CoVid19 or the SARS-COV2 is an example of a viral recombination that has already occurred. This is not a what if it happened.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
CoVid19 or the SARS-COV2 is an example of a viral recombination that has already occurred. This is not a what if it happened.
Correct. You were what-iffing that it could mutate further and become an existential threat. At present, it is no such thing and has not been at any point thus far.

Anyhow, g'night. I'll check back tomorrow but really we should be able to let this one drop. I only took issue with your description, not with the basic facts, and that's been addressed satisfactorily.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Covid did mutate to something more dangerous thanks to more stupid minions of satan (I hope it gets out I hope it gets out I hope it gets out)

80% kill rate
Old 10-22-2022, 03:07 AM
Banned

Botten here damaged his brain in a nose picking accident as a child. If you post in this thread he will try to get you banned for showing how stupid he was in hindsight trying to fear monger people.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
No because Ebola was tactically already handled by the Obama administration if you forgot. It was plastered on wall to all coverage that Ebola was coming to the US. But no, the right management prevented a HUGE African pandemic becoming a problem in the US. Alone with H1N1, another nastier than Covid virus again was managed correctly by the Obama administration.

Trump’s administration’s mismanagement and messed up the economy, locked you in doors and caused all of these problems. Sweden didn’t not lock down and that just led to more deaths. After they learned this they locked down their population.
Trump administration had plenty of time to react.

But as Jared (Trump’s son in law) who headed the response said stupidly who cares it is only affecting blue states.

So yes you very much have Trump, his administration and the voters who voted for Trump to blame.
Tds on full display. Last I checked trump left it purposely up to the state's and cities. Then the dems in blue states and cities promptly fucked it up. Stop making shit up I live in a blue city in a blue state.

Thanks dems for wrecking the economy.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 10-22-2022, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Are people being murdered in this thread for shitposting or posting " Misinformation " It really seems like a concentrated effort to immediately sideline any discussion.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2022, 09:29 AM
Banned

that person should give paulo freire credit if they are gonna quote him

also, people aren't getting banned for vaccine misinformation, afaik that isn't bannable
Old 10-22-2022, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

I don't share my unvaxxed status with anyone IRL. I just got a pretty decent job (25/hr) and I had to play along the entire time. It has been so long they had no idea I was an "untouchable" they just said, " Everyone here is vaccinated and up to date, we like to keep it that way. " I immediately went into a tangent about how backwards some people were and spouted a few random points about trusting science and asked about their mask policy to change the subject. " We are all vaccinated, so no more masks! "

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2022, 09:46 AM
Banned

I wonder why he thinks teenagers in the Congo should be doing the executing

Anyways, nobody is ever going to pity anti-vaxxers, and they aren't oppressed. They have just made poor choices and the rest of us have to live with the consequences. The solution is not execution, but education - the thing Paulo Freire insisted on his entire life.

I do not know why the right wing in America is so insistent that they are being oppressed.
Closed Thread