Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Aviak

Default Greed rolls on this "classic server"

I don't understand why most people greed roll everything in high end groups. In live if a group did that they were known as loot whores... Personally if I win a greed roll I do feel it's unfair to win another and another before anyone wins anything. Thats a personal thing though I'm a nice person. I think the problem may be greedy loot whores determined the loot consensus based off selfishness and just saying its easier justify their own greed...I think those people at the same time are probably jackass's in rl as well. You do see a lot of that on this server though. Nothing like rodcet nife. Atleast on that server there were scamers and greedy people but they were known to the rest of the server and were excluded from the high end guilds and groups... I would really like to hear opinions on this because that was not my live "classic" experience and feels like a bunch of wow players are determining the rules for this server rather than the people who actually played live. I mean how does it make sense anyway? 1 person can win 5 loots while no one else wins a damn thing? I know there are not server rules set up in this case but in live there was always player guidelines or does anyone remember that?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

this debate has been done to death, if you want NBG in groups go with pals or a guild run, if a random group then make sure you know the loot rules before you continue to avoid arguments and shitstorms
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

The average P99 player is about fifteen years younger than the average EQ player was in 1999. These are not the same people you remember gaming with back then.

Honestly though, if someone in your group wins five greed rolls in a row and no one says anything and you stay in the group it's kinda on you. You've got some responsibility to be assertive, too.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Aviak

I'm talking about greed rolls not nbg. Just saying it's unfair for someone to loot 5 greed items before another member loots 1 and should be considered common sense but to the majority of groups I have been in it's not. Then again they do find it hard to work a rotation system. so they may just be mentaly impaired.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Kobold

I bet you voted for obama!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

i leveled to 60 exclusively on pickup groups in classic. i dont remember much but i do remember it was always nbg. the big difference between live and p99 is p99 has very few casuals or RPers. this game is srs business now.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

pretty sure this has been argued since 1999...

my opinion is that **any** loot rule is find as long as all players agree to it before any items drop. if you don't like the rules the leader offers you when you join a group you shouldn't join.

we all have out pet peeves...mine is when folks keep ninja looting cash drops instead of focusing on whatever would make the grp kill faster and get more exp.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure this has been argued since 1999...

my opinion is that **any** loot rule is find as long as all players agree to it before any items drop. if you don't like the rules the leader offers you when you join a group you shouldn't join.

we all have out pet peeves...mine is when folks keep ninja looting cash drops instead of focusing on whatever would make the grp kill faster and get more exp.

I'm pretty sure it has not been argued since 99...Not on my server. I mean yeah there were people who did consider doing that but I never seen many of them at all even in pickup groups on live. If anyone played on rodcet nife they should be able to confirm that easy. It was a server wide consesus. There were also people who looted all the items off peoples corpses at one point too you know its a choice of how to play I just choose not to condone or be associated with people like that. The main reason I made this point is because it seems like a consesus on this server to do that but it wasn't a consesus on live probably because people who didn't play live created it..
Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteneq1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet you voted for obama!
Vadd likes this.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Kobold

He's not talking about NBG, he's talking about the same person winning multiple greed rolls. /shrug I always try to do a hand-me-down system when I put together a group.

5k item drops. Player A wins roll.
20k item drops. Player A wins roll, but hands 5k item to 2nd highest roller.

etc.

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Closed Thread