Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. It's not griefing, that would require intent imo.
2. If you lose half your night recovering from deaths, then you need to be more careful about where you are and what you're doing.
3. Don't quit, just stop letting yourself get killed. You admit it isn't intentional, so it isn't like the bards are hunting you down and dragging mobs over you on purpose when you are fighting something that will social aggro. So just move to a spot they don't train across, or pull stuff that isn't social, or pick a new zone.

But all that aside, 4. If you die because of a bard's pulling aggroing you, then it IS "training" and it IS against the rules even if it was 100% unintentional. Petition it. Server rules say it is the bard's fault and that he will be punished for it.
1. Bullshit. Or, if you prefer, when your intent is to do as you please and to hell with everybody else, that's more than sufficient. Actually, whether or not you prefer, that comment is pure, unadulterated, bullshit.

2. If you're griefing people by single-handedly disrupting the everloving fuck out of an XP zone intended for many you need to fuck off and quit being such a goddamned asshat.

3. Don't quit, petition the assholes early and often (don't forget the dickweed druids and wizards training their quads over XP groups and then zoning because they've bitten off more than they can chew, petition them as well.)

4. Corporal punishment would be a fantastic upgrade to this server's CSR (a guy can dream.)
Old 08-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Let the bards have OT imo, it's the worst zone for exping in anyway, unless you are a bard. You'll get better exp, loot and end game skills grouping in a dungeon.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Aviak

OT is pretty garbage for soloing/small groups, mobs hit hard for the xp you get, there are definitely better zones imo.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Bullshit. Or, if you prefer, when your intent is to do as you please and to hell with everybody else, that's more than sufficient. Actually, whether or not you prefer, that comment is pure, unadulterated, bullshit.

2. If you're griefing people by single-handedly disrupting the everloving fuck out of an XP zone intended for many you need to fuck off and quit being such a goddamned asshat.

3. Don't quit, petition the assholes early and often (don't forget the dickweed druids and wizards training their quads over XP groups and then zoning because they've bitten off more than they can chew, petition them as well.)

4. Corporal punishment would be a fantastic upgrade to this server's CSR (a guy can dream.)
A bit butthurt, are we?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit butthurt, are we?
Oh look! Little Timmy found an old internet meme to copy! Isn't that just the cutest thing! /swoon
Old 08-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

Idiots need to stop QQ about bard trains. Seriously. OT is bard zo ne. Get over it and exp somwhere else. Bard haters suck
Old 08-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly are you being trained? Just curious as all the "camps" in OT are on the walls. Seems like odds of you running out to pull a mob and his train happening across you at that moment would be low.
Confirmed desperate to protect remaining brokerage business post-account sales ban.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have done a lot of kiting in OT. I always slow or dd my target to pull them so it won't social agro if someone happens to get near my swarm. Also, if someone asks me to stay away from their "camp" then I do so. People are always bitching about bards in OT. I don't understand why people even go there to xp. There are way better dungeons to get better xp in.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

If I'm leveling a character in a zone like The Overthere, sure, I'd expect Bards to be swarm kiting at any given time. That's great. I have no issue with that. So to accommodate that situation that's a part of the zone, I'd probably direct my pulls flush against a zone wall. Or I'd carefully consider my approach on a quest related mob (Tambourine coin drop mob in the pit, etc) and politely speak to a nearby bard about my intent if I need a few minutes to get something done safely.

The moment a bard is bringing their trains consistently along the zone wall where I'm pulling to and tries to run me over several times in a row, they can expect me to be Frapsing that crap and reporting it. That's assuming they're ignoring my request to be left alone at that point on the zone wall.

That person gets to use the zone as much as me. We're both equal as players. I'm already giving up the main body of the zone out of consideration of their wanting to swarm kite. I'm not okay with being shoved off of a claimed patch of zone wall as well. There's no way that's going to be supported by the server rules.

Honestly though, the server has a lot of great people on it. I don't expect this to be a problem of any sort down the road.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

This problem would be reduced to a tiny fraction of the current epidemic if it were just bards leveling themselves. The fact is, it's a huge PL factory - only swelled by the account sales ban.

What I'm curious about is the actual level of involvement by the PLees. I find it hard to believe that each of them are sitting at their PCs and taking an active role. Most of them are probably AFK to some degree. Some of them might be being boxed... (dun dun dunnnn!)

I've seen posts by staff stating that "AFK leveling" is frowned upon and will be dealt with by kicking to character select. Maybe some custom code to automate this is in order.... X amount of exp accrued while character is idle results in a kick? For starters...
Closed Thread