Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Aviak

Default Food for thought.

I apologize but this will be fairly long.

So this is from another post but I think a few things should be highlighted away from the rnf and away from the trolls. Please note there is no bias here in any way shape or form, just a member of the community wanting to see some positive changes to the current end game situation on this server.
Also please don't troll, don't offer unconstructive feedback, don't post anything at all! Just read it and think about it.

From Nilbog a couple days ago... I suggest everyone read closely and then put it in the hands of your guild leaders/officers to settle. This is pretty well put imo.

Quote:
You misunderstand. I said "we do not care wtf you do" as long as we do not have to hear about it. I *personally* agree with a first to engage type ruleset. The current setup and operation of things do not allow for this. We want to make EQ, not mitigate your raids. You could all mutually agree to settle your disputes with PVP for all we care. You could impose a first to engage scenario on each other based on your own logs. The issue is whether or not it is brought to us. When you summon a guide or GM, expect results based on our server rules...

...We need a solution that makes sense. *GM-enforced* rotations make no sense to me. Player-made ones do, if that's what you want. GMs should be used for extraordinary circumstances but are presently being called for petty disputes over who gets what pixels.
It's on page 13 of "My proposal for Raiding guilds and GMs of P1999" if you want a full read, i suggest you do. Basically Nizzar, like many of us is sick of camping, and wants a solution. Now if you skip ahead to page 20 you will see a very long post by Xzerion very clearly offering the chance for DA to get on the same page and work things out with the rest of the raiding community. Dumesh also offered constructive ideas on page 23... blah blah blah and so on-

It's almost silly to just cite some people and not others, but the sad thing is you get great ideas mixed in with 10 pages of troll and bicker. And all of the good suggestions and ideas are lost in the mix. So what's my point?

My point is many people have many great ideas that can in fact be more than a speed bump in the trolls. Think of your guild leaders/officers as appointed politicians that you elected into office by accepting that guild invite. Then push your ideas to them. Let them then take those ideas and construct a reasonable solution with the rest of the server. Your ideas should be heard! Figure something out- FFA, camping, tracking, whatever... Just figure it out among the guilds and be ready to suck it up and leave the GM's out of it when you lose fair and square to those rules.

I personally would rather just let the Dev's do what they are trying so hard to do for us and bring us the closest possible product to classic as they can. They are doing a great job at it so far, lets stand back and let them continue doing so!

I understand not everyone is in a guild. Pick-up raids are very awesome and need to be considered. Those raids have leaders too. If you're one of them , or think you might be, don't sit on the sidelines and complain later, make your presence known.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Banned

No, you don't get the first, last and only word.

There is a regularly scheduled meeting of the leaders of each guild to discuss and implement exactly this sort of issue. It is my understanding that leaders of upcoming guilds will be welcomed into those organized meetings. If a recurring pug leader emerges on Project 1999 and wishes to take part in those meetings, I would expect him or her to be welcomed as well.

As one of the leaders of DA, Nizzarr knows this. Nizzarr was the architect of the current server raid rules before he disappeared form the server for four months. His thread had absolutely nothing to do with finding a solution to the problem which he and his guild created. It was a propaganda post to gain support for forcing his latest experiment on the server. Nizzarr apparently views himself as the raid leader of the entire server. Many of us are not okay with that.

Do you understand what I am saying? Nizzarr's post is an intentional attempt to bypass exactly the mechanism that you are describing--players communicating with their leaders and leaders negotiating with each other. His thread was inappropriate for a number of reasons including his past membership in IB and adversity toward its leaders and members, his unexplained four-month disappearance, his guild's exploitation of loopholes in the rules he personally suggested and his attempt to bypass the process currently in place. Nizzarr is behaving as a maverick, not as an officer and negotiator of a top tier guild.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Um, whoa there... I think what the OP is trying to say, only using Nizzarr's thread as an example, is that there were some good ideas probably lost in all the trolling. Not that Nizzarr was the benevolent diety of server issue resolution ideas.

If the ideas are good, use them. Discuss them in the next guild leadership meeting. Surely you're not saying that "raid content distribution" ideas are ONLY allowed to be presented at these meetings. If someone's got an idea, throw it out there. Let people comment constructively on it. We all know there's no perfect fit for everyone, but most people (current raiding guilds, those who are working their way up to raid content, level 2 newbs begging for plat in EC) would like something better.

In fact, the crux of the OP's post is "Think of your guild leaders/officers as appointed politicians that you elected into office by accepting that guild invite. Then push your ideas to them. Let them then take those ideas and construct a reasonable solution with the rest of the server.", which is exactly what you're saying... filter up the ideas to your guild leadership so they can hash them out at the guild leader meeting.

But instead you go off on some tangent on Nizzarr.... wtf? :P

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 06-19-2010 at 07:24 AM..
Closed Thread