Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Default Santa came to town.. The Aftermath

I was near the tunnel in EC when Santa came in low and slow over the hills. One look at the tunnel and and all the hawkers and Santa and tore up his list and shouted 'Screw this!".
It began with wave after wave of cold based spells, that tore thru the crowd like tissue paper. Blood and cold was so thick it snowed RED. Then it got worse, Santa turned all the willowwisps feral and shouted, "Try hangin these shiny lights on your tree!".
I swear I saw a Bixie the size of mammoth laying waste to the rest of Eastcommons, even the griffin was trying to zone.
After watching the bloodbath I cast blind on myself and hid under the corpse of a ogre.
I can not repeat what Santa shouted as he drove out of sight, but it will haunt my nightmares forever.

Santa had made it a Silent Night in east commons......
Last edited by Altair; 12-25-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Old 12-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Did that really happen? I wound up logging off because the "Find Santa" and the battle in Everfrost were both events that the majority of players couldn't participate in, at least not without having friends or guildies who could port you everywhere haha.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Everfrost probably wasn't the greatest place to do the event, although over 120 people were there by the end and the Krampus Claus fight probably lasted over 30 minutes. If you started heading towards Everfrost as soon as the event was announced you probably could have gotten there in time.

That said, 2-3 guises and 2 pegasus cloaks were given out to 120+ people so your odds of winning anything weren't great.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purifyre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the battle in Everfrost were both events that the majority of players couldn't participate in, at least not without having friends or guildies who could port you everywhere haha.
this, and I heard the guises and peggy cloaks were all looted by 1 person
Old 12-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this, and I heard the guises and peggy cloaks were all looted by 1 person
lol one was given to a bard, another an enchanter won (then promptly switched toons to loot with another character,) the 3rd was looted by a druid.

I got the damn killshot on Krampus(druid powa) and didn't even get a lump of coal.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Pretty much all the items I gave out in the 'find santa' thing went to low and mid lvl characters. Most high level druids and wizards who figured it out quick and got there first ended up with an illusion pot. The 'find santa' event was meant to be something everyone could participate in, and they absolutely did - a wide range of player classes came and found me, and were given stuff that (in most cases) were upgrades and/or sellable items for them.

The Krampus event was just meant to be fun for anyone who could get there. And 1 person did not get all the loot, everyone there made a roll and the top 5 rolls got items. Someone did end up ninja looting a guise, but we nuked it off his character.

Don't believe everything you hear! The real santa_claus was never in EC tunnel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] that was a player named santaclaus who was handing out tons of items to lowbies (very cool!)
Old 12-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much all the items I gave out in the 'find santa' thing went to low and mid lvl characters. Most high level druids and wizards who figured it out quick and got there first ended up with an illusion pot. The 'find santa' event was meant to be something everyone could participate in, and they absolutely did - a wide range of player classes came and found me, and were given stuff that (in most cases) were upgrades and/or sellable items for them.

The Krampus event was just meant to be fun for anyone who could get there. And 1 person did not get all the loot, everyone there made a roll and the top 5 rolls got items. Someone did end up ninja looting a guise, but we nuked it off his character.

Don't believe everything you hear! The real santa_claus was never in EC tunnel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] that was a player named santaclaus who was handing out tons of items to lowbies (very cool!)
Lies!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

oh thulack is right, i was there for about 10 seconds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

The Krampus Claus fight was pretty neat. Scrolling through 150 loot rolls made my eyes bleed though. I was so very close to getting a guise for my Iksar Monk but just wasn't fast enough.

Oh and Santa wouldn't accept my /d request. I wanted to add some more unique damage to my sig.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

lol ninja looting during a GM event, super bad!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread