Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of Americans would have good paying jobs right now if our lower class wasn’t flooded with cheap labor via illegal immigration and open borders.

The economic ladder only works when certain conditions are met. When the lower class gets to be too big and there’s a foreign class working under minimum wage then instead of an economic ladder turns more into a situation like crabs in a bucket.

It’s a desirable position for elites though. Crabs pulling each other down will never become a threat like rising talent with an economic ladder available.
Sounds like your complaint is with illegal employers.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Citation needed.
You ever take an economics course? Let’s have a discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] this is what I have a degree in.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like your complaint is with illegal employers.
Sure they are a problem. But then you’re still with the crime and infrastructure drain so why would you argue to stop at the employer?
Old 11-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You ever take an economics course? Let’s have a discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] this is what I have a degree in.
Your understanding of economics isn't relevant. There are no credible studies suggesting that if we had less "illegals" the poor would make more money. Most businesses don't operate in the best interest of their employees because labor unions have been fucked to all hell by conservative policies.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:48 PM
Banned

Feniin let’s start with the fact that lower up to middle class wages have not risen in over 30 years when you adjust for inflation. With all the technology increases that have made increased production, there’s been no increase for the lower class. There’s been great increase for the upper class during this time.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...d-for-decades/

Let’s consider an example here. Town A has 1 painter. Someone needs their house painted. This 1 painter has a standard rate and he gets paid a great wage he can largely dictate because no one else is competing.

But then they get another painter. This second painter starts looking for work and will work for a little less money. But still, with 2 painters there’s enough work for both of them to live.

But how about 5 painters in the area? 10? 50? Then say 40 of them come from a war torn country, they fled and now they will work under minimum wage laws and it doesn’t matter if they get caught.

The 1st painters lost their economy. Instead of having a ladder into the middle class, maybe leveraging success into investment or painting business and then eventually the upper class, it turned into a bunch crabs that need to compete for jobs that underpay.

This is the destruction that happens when you have an unlimited lower class that will work under minimum wage laws.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sure they are a problem. But then you’re still with the crime and infrastructure drain so why would you argue to stop at the employer?
What crime and infrastructure drain?
Old 11-29-2019, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What crime and infrastructure drain?
Do illegal immigrants and their children not use schools and hospitals? There’s not an unlimited well for that type of stuff. Are you aware how costly a trip to the emergency room costs? Who do you think pays for that?
Old 11-29-2019, 04:10 PM
Banned

lol

I think we can be a little more detailed than that.

https://www.fairus.org/sites/default...ation-2017.pdf

Total Fiscal Burden of Illegal Aliens on U.S. Taxpayers:
$115,894,597,664

I'd laugh at you for getting it so wrong but clearly the joke is on me here because who is paying this?
Old 11-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Simping for illegal aliens in 2019 lmao
Closed Thread