Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-02-2022, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am personally a big fan of PUGs, just because I get to meet and talk with new people. But I understand wanting to be efficient
So few people talk on P99 anymore. You’ll get some groups where people will but oftentimes it’s few and far between. The puller is too busy chain pulling and everyone else is watching tv or something while clicking a couple buttons periodically every several seconds
Old 03-02-2022, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah that is the biggest bummer when you get in a group and wanna actually play the game and everyone is just in it for the lowest possible effort grind.

Its not always that way though!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Still like the idea of a casual grouping guild. Just a bunch of people who want to group like they used to on live, but with the understanding that there will likely not be any sessions with the same group for more than an hour or two. Basically the entire guild is your LFG list.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:57 PM
Aviak

I have a job and a full time single dad of 2 that are 13 and 7. Im all over the place, 10 months out of the year im doing some type of sport on the weekends for the better part of my Saturdays. Cooking, cleaning, yard stuff, laundry all that fun stuff. Im lucky to get 4-6hrs of exping in during the weekdays. I would love to be able to find a group, but would also feel useless being able to only stay for 2hrs max, I couldve got more exp solo.
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 03-02-2022, 11:09 PM
Banned

/\
Old 03-02-2022, 11:11 PM
Banned

This topic like many always makes me all nostalgic about early eq. I once joined a PUG that was forming at ec tunnel, and once we were full (probably with like 3 tanks two wizards and a druid as healer or some totally random configuration) we *RAN* all the way through nro, oasis, sro, innothule and feerrott to get to CT, which only one person in the group even knew about yet and the whole idea was to show the rest of the group the zone and see if we could all level there.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2022, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This topic like many always makes me all nostalgic about early eq. I once joined a PUG that was forming at ec tunnel, and once we were full (probably with like 3 tanks two wizards and a druid as healer or some totally random configuration) we *RAN* all the way through nro, oasis, sro, innothule and feerrott to get to CT, which only one person in the group even knew about yet and the whole idea was to show the rest of the group the zone and see if we could all level there.
Good times 😌
Old 03-02-2022, 11:26 PM
Banned

Chortles appears to be physically made out of the internet
Old 03-03-2022, 02:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in a group that took the boat from BB to TD to FV to finally make it to LOIO for some nice and crappy outdoor zone xp. There were 50+ other people in the zone camping every square inch of it lol