Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

ps, i just read the rest of those links. i wouldn't consider ANY of it proof, more like a bunch of newbs talking out their ass.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was like water being wet or sand being dry.
The sedimentologist in me is struggling not to tear that statement to shreds.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kirban was a hacking fa__ot and i didnt play a wizard. so ya im gonna say it wasnt UNresistable. way more people are better geared here than live, that is just a fact. logically, i dont see why the original devs would have made that spell unresistable and not the other shock spells with a knockback.

i read some of the shit you linked. one was a post about a new player getting pked. ofc it landed, he probably had zero mr.
Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, and Poison Bolt all landed like a lure with high resist mod on them. They were specifically made this way to add the dynamic of timing nukes in pvp, could they be resisted Yes in the same sense a lifetap could which I saw once in my entire time on live. None of these spells did much dmg they were solely used as an interrupt so skill based pvp wasn't reduced to spamming the same nuke.

No one would have ever used these spells in pvp if there were even a 30% chance to be resisted as they would have led to a death vs lifeburn/manaburn there would have been no such thing as interrupting spells in Luclin everyone would have ranged every cast. Without these spells every caster could only have been killed via Rapture landing or melee stun as no one could have interrupted a gate but melee's or enchanters.

Everyone in Ruin/Vindictive had 150-200+ MR and yet I fought Kronar, Kriban, Catylenne, Jacylenne, Cattibrie, Macken daily using P.Bolt on my necro to interrupt, shock of blades on my friends mage, and shock of lightning on my wizard daily.

Sorry but they had Vex thal/Ntov gear nobody in Kunark could compare to Vex thal geared toons and suggesting such is ridiculous.

If all the Wizards here are stating that Shock of Lighting was never seen to be resisted from classic then it's UP TO YOU TO PROVE IT! Not us! Show some screenshots of people pre POP resisting SOL in pvp. Something I saw maybe once on live classic era.

Kringe, Lime, Murda, Barcode and everyone else I've spoken to from Live agree on this.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-09-2015 at 10:40 PM..
Old 05-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Shock of Lighting I know for a fact remained to be set to this near unresistible level until planes of power where it was replaced by Lure of Thunder(Which had the funny graphic of making the target look as if they were drowning like splurt or shaman epic) that had the same knockback effect.

Shock of Lightning was not removed in POP but it no longer landed in pvp even against low MR(100ish) targets after POP. I do not know if Shock of Blades, Poison Bolt or Chaotic Feedback were also changed in POP.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-09-2015 at 11:09 PM..
Old 05-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Banned

thank you for your 15 year old anecdote on pvp in the luclin and beyond eras
Old 05-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thank you for your 15 year old anecdote on pvp in the luclin and beyond eras
Thanks for your remarks about an era you never played and have zero knowledge of pls show proof that shock of lightning was resisted in pvp...

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/pla...yer_name=cwall

You never played classic Everquest and shouldn't even be commenting on these bug reports
Old 05-10-2015, 01:03 AM
Banned

my favorite part was when you described their armor from vex thal

man luclin was a great expansion
Old 05-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my favorite part was when you described their armor from vex thal

man luclin was a great expansion
On Sullon yea...But since you wanna play kids games on bug reports since trolling is all you are really good for when it comes to classic talk

Perhaps you can tell me what guild pre Kunark had the most lvl 50's on Rallos Zek?

Since you claim you played Rallos so much in classic.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:26 AM
Banned

never claimed i played on rallos zek
Old 05-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
never claimed i played on rallos zek
Smart move not committing to any server especially when you never played Classic.

But pretty stupid trying to accuse someone else of not playing classic when they did, and you didn't