Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 06:01 AM
Orc

Default Why is it always so hard to find a group!

This feels a lot like EQ was back in the day. I'm a good player. I'm friendly. I help people when I can. I always have LFG on, I'm always asking if anyone would like to group with me, yet EVERYWHERE I go generally people don't want to group.

What is wrong here? Everquest is a game designed around playing with other people.

Are all these lower level people actually just alts from established guilds so they basically don't give a fuck about anyone else?

Anyone have suggestions? Right now I'm only level 12 but damn! Maybe it's because I'm a Paladin...
Old 01-18-2014, 06:11 AM
Fire Giant

It's because you're a Paladin. Shoulda put that in your first line instead of the last. Would have saved me 30 seconds.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwwBall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This feels a lot like EQ was back in the day. I'm a good player. I'm friendly. I help people when I can. I always have LFG on, I'm always asking if anyone would like to group with me, yet EVERYWHERE I go generally people don't want to group.

What is wrong here? Everquest is a game designed around playing with other people.

Are all these lower level people actually just alts from established guilds so they basically don't give a fuck about anyone else?

Anyone have suggestions? Right now I'm only level 12 but damn! Maybe it's because I'm a Paladin...
I hate to say this because I'm totally against any notion that any class is useless but....

Its because you're a paladin.

I basically got the same thing as a druid, only druids can solo a lot better than a paladin. However you should not let this discourage you as you WILL find a way to level if you're persistent enough. In fact I know a few paladins who leveled up fairly quick without any twink gear. At level 45 you can use your DW helm clicky to more or less solo all the way to 60. I would suggest finding a couple of people to trio with though, I'm sure there are plenty of classes that work well with a paladin.

Off the top of my head some interesting trios involving a paladin could include:

Pally, ench, shaman.
Pally can tank decently, hold amazing aggro, but does no damage...pally can also pull fairly well.
Enchanters can charm to add dps to this group as well as being able to crowd control in situations the paladin can't single well, enchanter could also keep the downtime to a minimum as well.
Add a shaman to this and you've got their debuffs to make everything super easy, their buffs make both ench and pally more effective, and shamans can do decent damage with pet/dots if healing isn't required often. At 45 add a DW helm to the mix and this group could quite possibly be an amazing trio.

Other nice trios:

Paladin/shaman/rog (fairly self explanatory)

Paladin/enchanter/druid (*prolly not great for lower levels but at 45+ with dw helm/es vambs and the ability to have 2 charm pets makes for some real potential...paladin could literally sit there with DW helm chain clicking pets to heal, help with stuns when they break although snare from druid makes tgis a nonissue, among other things.)

Blah I can go on but typing on a cellphone blows ...

SHIT you could even duo with a monk to 60 just chain healing with helmet ...lol
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 01-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Kobold

Pallys do have it a bit rough, but just keep at it. Take charge and send tells asking if people want to join you at whatever camp you're killing at. At higher levels it will get easier to find groups. I couldn't get a group on my cleric until I was 14 or 15 and that was in zones with good population.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

Easiest way to beat this dilemma is starting the group
Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Paladins make excellent takes - great snap aggro, spot heals (eventually), even basic CC. Their dps is lacking, but tanks aren't supposed to be about dps anyway. There is a stigma against them though, so you'll be fighting that on your way to 60.

Best solution is to start your own groups. Do a / all 10 15 and start messaging people about grouping up. This works for all level ranges.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Orc

Good advice so far! Thanks everyone. Norrath needs a Paladin Awareness month.. har har har
Old 01-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

ive always actively started groups on my own when i played a tank.

after some days/weeks youll get tells the moment u log on for a group as soon you are known being a good groupleader.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Hybrid exp penalty needs removed to help the situation as well.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Banned

It's been said but start making groups, if they go smoothly people will start hitting you up asking for more chances to group.

A little intiative goes a long way and kudos to you for playing what you want even though it's a bit less convenient.
Closed Thread