Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Someone took an adderall and logged onto the forums!!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can tell who actually got FTE, yes. However, don't sit here and tell me you can, when there have been multiple instances of GMs having to go back through encounter logs to determine FTE and re-awarding loot.
The cases where GMs have to check encounter logs are the situations where you have 2 guilds sitting on a spawn point and the mob spawns and goes into "seek mode". Its impossible to tell who got FTE in these situations without a GM checking encounter logs. OR situations where idiots "think" they got FTE and petition for a GM to come confirm that they are idiots (today for example).

For situations where a mob is just chilling un-engaged (like Trakanon), its pretty simple really - don't send your guild in unless you are 100% that you engaged first.
Last edited by Daliant17447; 09-02-2012 at 12:33 AM..
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cases where GMs have to check encounter logs are the situations where you have 2 guilds sitting on a spawn point and the mob spawns and goes into "seek mode". Its impossible to tell who got FTE in these situations without a GM checking encounter logs.

For situations where a mob is just chilling un-engaged (like Trakanon), its pretty simple really - don't send your guild in unless you are 100% that you engaged first.
The only FTE change I'd like to see is First to ENGAGE, not first to be beat on by a mob...
Seek mode FTE is dumb imo.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

BDA's little FTE Snipe attempt today on Trak with 8-9 people was pretty stupid. We've been through this in the past with TMO/TR. TR beat us, got the FTE...but they only had 12-15 or so people in the zone. No way were they killing Trak with that. Rogean showed up, noticed their numbers, and for lack of a better wording, told them to piss off and awarded the kill/loots to TMO.

The idiots in BDA that are feeding the rest of their guild all the crap need to get their info straight. Learn the rules, learn what has happened in various situations in the past, and work with it. Whining gets you nowhere, haven't you figured that out yet?

The only way you're getting a rotation out of TMO is by consistently beating us with the rules the way they are now. Same way we did it to TR/IB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llabak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well 6 Venrils suggest that BDA can compete for raid mobs and are consistently taking them away from TMO.
And VS can be one-grouped, so your logic is flawed on that.

Originally posted by Harrison: I repeat, what kind of pathetic pussy is too afraid to post on the forums under their character's name?
Last edited by Portsche; 09-02-2012 at 12:22 AM..
Old 09-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Sarnak

I seem to remember even with Fires of Heaven on veeshan people simply set up rotations. Dont understand what reasoning there could possibly be for fte. If you dont have a present force capable of handling the encounter, you deserve a wipe and nothing else. The childish games are ridiculous for a server of this caliber
Old 09-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portsche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA's little FTE Snipe attempt today on Trak with 8-9 people was pretty stupid. We've been through this in the past with TMO/TR. TR beat us, got the FTE...but they only had 12-15 or so people in the zone. No way were they killing Trak with that. Rogean showed up, noticed their numbers, and for lack of a better wording, told them to piss off and awarded the kill/loots to TMO.
Or more recently TMO FTE sniped Trak with 17 in zone, but was still awarded loot. Your low numbers argument is not valid with recent decisions. Sirken, for better or worse, has stuck strictly to FTE, almost to the point of disregarding his own statement in Server chat.

I'm still a fan of the FTE shout, but I've heard that can be abused. I don't understand how FTE shout can be abused any more than FTE though, since the shout is built off the same mechanic as the actual event. If you can't abuse the event, how can you abuse the recording of said event?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

It's not too ridiculous to ask for a rotation. There's no harm in asking. Go ahead and ask! BDA doesn't show up to contest most raids these days, and maybe some of you don't remember VD asking from a much more firm bargaining position, and maybe you don't remember the response, but you've got nothing to lose, right? I can appreciate this.

What I do find to be pretty ludicrous, however, is your proposed rotation's allotment! Defaulting 1/3 of mobs and half of non-open mobs to BDA. Don't you think that's pretty generous? If VD had come to us and suggested them getting one slot to us getting say three, it might have actually been considered for showing surprising realism (though ultimately declined because rotations are stupid - I never advocated one even when I was trying really hard with my guild and not killing anything). You come and ask for an even split when your camp is looking pretty sparse? Ok.

My honest and friendly advice to you is to keep doing what you're doing. Come sit on a couple of the targets that you actually want, and maybe someday if you again wield some interest in being a real competitive raid guild again, come at us with the same sort of discretion in mind. I have always respected BDA's ability to choose their battles mostly wisely; don't spread yourselves thin. And don't pour your heart into a lost cause like asking for a rotation. We're against it, the staff is against it - it's not going to happen.

<object width="960" height="720"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPnudujlBZI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPnudujlBZI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="720" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

It's no wonder Jesse Jackson's kid grew up crazy.

The streets are no place for a boy.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Kobold

Before anything, I am not flaming anyone in TMO

But seriously, how many of these Kubark raid bosses could you possibly still need? Aside from VP and possible a few epic piece kills? Your alts alts alt alt has to be fully equipped by now.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

My main isn't fully equipped.