Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-05-2024, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Gators in Cazic Thule or Maze. It's considered an outdoor zone.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for wanting to find unique little spots to carve out some leveling.

I remember doing this early on with some 3 spawn undead in Swamp of No Hope and some spots in FV. It's great find somewhere off the beaten path that you know folks wont be competing for. Later found some great areas in the Hole.

I was a monk without any regen or epic, just SCHW for haste.

Dont remember anything for your level range off the top of my head, but keep looking! Norrath is filled with undiscovered possibilities if you jump off the min/max beaten trail
Old 02-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

30-40.

Guk top by guk bottom live side zoneline. Exp is so good til 37-38 and then hop over to dead side zone line.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 for wanting to find unique little spots to carve out some leveling.

I remember doing this early on with some 3 spawn undead in Swamp of No Hope and some spots in FV. It's great find somewhere off the beaten path that you know folks wont be competing for. Later found some great areas in the Hole.

I was a monk without any regen or epic, just SCHW for haste.

Dont remember anything for your level range off the top of my head, but keep looking! Norrath is filled with undiscovered possibilities if you jump off the min/max beaten trail
Can't remember what level it is, but the tunnel in Firiona Vie on the east side ("A" on the map) leads to a cool little ruins area with a bunch of Drolvargs and stuff. I don't think most people these days even know it's there. There might be some mid 30s drolvargs spawning occasionally, but I feel like it might be good for this level range if you're looking for somewhere off the beaten path with a bind/vendor/bank spot nearby (of course, FV in general is decent for this level range but I preferred this area of FV rather than the cliffs...less needing to do a long pull and hope that you don't pick up adds on the way with all the mobs that wander around).

Are Drolvargs animals? Not sure if Ranger animal fear would work on them or not.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't remember what level it is, but the tunnel in Firiona Vie on the east side ("A" on the map) leads to a cool little ruins area with a bunch of Drolvargs and stuff. I don't think most people these days even know it's there. There might be some mid 30s drolvargs spawning occasionally, but I feel like it might be good for this level range if you're looking for somewhere off the beaten path with a bind/vendor/bank spot nearby (of course, FV in general is decent for this level range but I preferred this area of FV rather than the cliffs...less needing to do a long pull and hope that you don't pick up adds on the way with all the mobs that wander around).

Are Drolvargs animals? Not sure if Ranger animal fear would work on them or not.
I don't think they are,and if you tried that on green at least you would be frustrated by the stinking bards collecting every one of them. Super popular swarm spot
Old 02-07-2024, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they are,and if you tried that on green at least you would be frustrated by the stinking bards collecting every one of them. Super popular swarm spot
Yeah as far as I know none of the half-animal half-human mobs like Gnolls, Driders, Drovlargs, Molkors, etc., are considered to be animals.

Not a lot of mobs in the game are considered animals, probably to prevent Druids from being another Enchanter.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah as far as I know none of the half-animal half-human mobs like Gnolls, Driders, Drovlargs, Molkors, etc., are considered to be animals.

Not a lot of mobs in the game are considered animals, probably to prevent Druids from being another Enchanter.
On live they did a change of what "types" of monsters are a couple years ago. This made it so druids can charm bugs like beetles and spiders. Obviously opened up a ton of old world druid charming spots which I thought was neat.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live they did a change of what "types" of monsters are a couple years ago. This made it so druids can charm bugs like beetles and spiders. Obviously opened up a ton of old world druid charming spots which I thought was neat.
Really should've been the case in the beginning although I wonder if the devs felt like that would give Druids too much of an advantage and they wanted to keep Ench as the only global charming class
Old 02-07-2024, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Bards go into that little area off to the east? I'm surprised I've never seen a single person go through that tunnel into there