Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Orc

Default When to stop using the Lumi Staff

I remember reading a post a while back that I cant seem to find about the point when using a lumi staff is outweighed by the number of casts it takes to kill a mob at a certain HP vs the med time and use of higher level AE nukes for quadding. Somebody with math skills that far outweigh mine did some magic, but every search i do comes up empty handed. Any of you folks out there ever do the math and figure what HP point is or know that link? Really appreciate the help.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

I stopped using it when I got the last PBAE spell. When you are killing level 45ish mobs that have 4k+ HP the Lumi staff isn't very efficient anymore.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

I stopped when using it on TD raptors made me sad. Neat bag item for being bad and going OOM, but even then it might be better to get 2 med ticks in instead casting it.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:54 AM
Sarnak

Post Spirocs it's time to pass it on
Old 11-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

You could time it yourself, but even with fist of karana, you should be able to kill roughly the same number of mobs (or more) with a lumi than you can using fist.

Our most efficient quad nuke is fist of karana, which does 812 damage for 357 mana. Without clarity, it takes 357/22 = 16 ticks to med per cast.

Lumi does about 187 damage so it takes 812/187= ~4.5 clicks of lumi to do as much damage as 1 fist. Lumi takes 10 seconds to cast + 4 seconds to resposition (average for me if I'm paying close attention) so it takes 14 * 4.5 = 63 seconds or about 11 ticks.

So if ignoring the cast time and reposition time of fist of karana, lumi still let's you kill more mobs in the same time because it only takes 11 ticks to do fist of karana damage with a lumi and it takes 16 ticks to cast fist of karana.

The difference is, in order to kill those mobs you have to almost constantly be killing. If you can find a place where you can get constant pulls and you don't want to afk a ton, lumi is faster. If you like to do one quad and then afk for 15 minutes (which is why quadding is great) fist of karana is probably just fine.
Last edited by maestrom; 11-26-2015 at 02:21 PM..
Old 12-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is, in order to kill those mobs you have to almost constantly be killing. If you can find a place where you can get constant pulls and you don't want to afk a ton, lumi is faster. If you like to do one quad and then afk for 15 minutes (which is why quadding is great) fist of karana is probably just fine.
This is where I really noticed the "difference". I did some math stats on my TD raptor kills and whatnot and lumi staff is all fine and dandy but its roughly the same kills/hour but with lumi you have to be playing 100% of the time while with a higher aoe nuke you just get them to 10%, lumi to finish off, and med for 5 minutes. It's a lot less stressful to do the latter.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

I stopped using it after level 53, the time when spirocs start giving 0 experience.

However, maybe worth a try in CS quadkitting wyverns, but is gonna be damn slow.