Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global Out of Character is so very useful:
  1. For LFG, so few people use the flag when looking for group.
  2. For finding a teleport or specific bluff (Clarity/SoW.) So many capable of them go anonymous.

I also understand the appeal of bringing back the old EC tunnel for trading, however I still feel this move is premature. We still lack the population for zone shouts/ooc to be enough to maintain most hot zone camps, let alone a conversation. The amount of traffic on /ooc makes one feel much less isolated.
/lfg on and /who all lfg will cover point 1.

Well we could put the POK books in and that would make it easier for ports too right? I mean the point of this game isn't to make things easy.

The fact of the matter is that without Global auc/ooc removed people will be forced to go somewhere to trade. I don't think it will be EC but instead NFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

nilbog youve obviously already got your mind set on what YOU want to happen, just make it happen and stop all the bickering from both sides.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Skeleton

I voted yes because it's hard to keep up with everything... classic was quieter, and I appreciated that. If I want to look in OOC or talk in OOC I shouldn't have to battle 700+ others.

If you want to sell your stuff... go to NFP which seems to be the zone to do this stuff in. Or post here on the boards.

Just like in classic EQ, people will find a big enough zone to use as an auction hall. It used to be EC on a lot of servers.

As for OOC, I'm also tired of seeing so much flaming and plain immaturity. I know it will still exist, but I won't have to see 90% of it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Orc

If he had his mind set on what he wants to happen, then why did he make a poll? He's doing this server for us, and the majority want it zone only, its that simple. Don't try to convince people it's otherwise when the stats are clear.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Voted yes, do the damn thang already.
Sarnak

Global chat makes just as much sense as being able to /tell across the world.
Which makes no sense. See my point? It's absolutely VITAL to LFG. I think if ooc was taken away, global chat channels should be implemented. It doesn't hurt the classic experience, only enhances.

If anything, get rid of ooc in favor of global chat channels -- wru /join lfg
Last edited by Zithax; 05-18-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he had his mind set on what he wants to happen, then why did he make a poll? He's doing this server for us, and the majority want it zone only, its that simple. Don't try to convince people it's otherwise when the stats are clear.
because hes a meanie and likes to tease us

and that stats arent "clear" when its a 60/40% vote, unless its an unanimous decision, its not "clear"
Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Kobold

With majority of less than 60% I think some sort of compromise should be sought.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Orc

Great idea to force folks back into EC when it was chain crashing not too long ago.. No idea what that was all about..

As far as "global chatting" goes -
If you are going to take it out, take it out.

I suggested this months ago to deal with the perv spammer.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global chat makes just as much sense as being able to /tell across the world.
Which makes no sense. See my point? It's absolutely VITAL to LFG. I think if ooc was taken away, global chat channels should be implemented. It doesn't hurt the classic experience, only enhances.

If anything, get rid of ooc in favor of global chat channels -- wru /join lfg
This discussion = global chats, or not

Global chat = not classic.

Tells = classic

Your argument = null

We'll see about chat channels

and how about / all LFG. If its that essential, is that hard to read or something?
Closed Thread